Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

STICKY: Open Beta Feedback

VisitScotlandIntroVisitScotlandIntro Administrator
edited June 2016 in General Discussion
Hi there, 

Today we will be moving into the Open Beta part of our Community development, opening the community to a wider group of users. iKnow Scotland Online has been in closed Beta during its initial development, but now we're looking for thoughts, suggestions, technical glitch reports and anything else you might want to tell us from our new and existing members. 

Please post your comments in this thread, where our moderators will be able to see them easily. A few pointers:

• If you are reporting a problem, it helps us greatly if you let us know which browser you are using.
  • Screenshots can also really help. You can drag and drop these into your comment to add them.
  • If you have had problems logging in, please contact us using the live chat facility you can see on every page of the Community. You don't need to be logged in to use this.
  • If you have suggestions about categories or types of content you think should be included in the Community, we'd love to hear them!

Comments

• KazW8aKazW8a Member ✭✭
    Hello, I'm new and just getting familiar with the chat on here!  
  • VisitScotlandIntroVisitScotlandIntro Administrator
    Hello @KazW8a - please stop by our Welcome Thread to say hello to the community!
  • SneckySnecky Member
    edited June 2016
    Hi, I'm Lisa
    I'm one of the admins for @InverOutlanders on Twitter we also write blogs about the local area for Outlander fans 
  • VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    @Snecky - Hello Lisa, welcome to the community. Feel free to introduce yourself also in the Welcome Thread
  • HayleyforsonHayleyforson Member ✭✭
    Hello! I wanted to report a wee problem. Every time I am on the homepage, the little instruction boxes pop up for each tab and they won't go away. I keep clicking 'next' but it just takes me onto the next instruction box and so on, and then repeats itself again. Just a little thing, but might get annoying! Thanks, H
    Hi @Hayleyforson

This will display until you click through to the very final tour box. That will then add a cookie to your computer to say that you have completed the tour. 

If you are accessing on a computer which is blocking cookies or from behind a firewall, then we might not be able to set that cookie. I'll raise this with our technical team. Thank you for reporting.
  • HayleyforsonHayleyforson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Hi @VisitScotlandDave ;

I am trying to post a response in a thread but I'm getting an error "you have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links" - I haven't posted a link, but I have included images. Is this why it is not allowing me to post it? I'd really like to include the photos if possible :) 
    Hi @Hayleyforson - you won't be able to post links or images until you have been a member for 1 day and have posted at least five comments. This is an anti-spam measure. You should see a notification when you become verified and you're able to post links and images. Please let me know if this does not happen for you and I'll look into it.

This discussion has been closed.