Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

New plans for Scotland

I have had to put off my trip to Scotland due to Covid-19. So sad....I would like to reschedule my trip but I am still unsure when things will open up. It’s currently February 2021 and it looks like I may have to wait until 2022. Thoughts? I would like to ask for advice in planning once I know when I can leave the US and travel abroad. 

Comments

• VisitScotlandLindsayVisitScotlandLindsay Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @Aklem2000

Thank you for your message regarding planning a trip to Scotland. We are so sorry this has not been able to happen for you yet.

At the moment, we are still under Lockdown restrictions with all non essential places like shops, tourist attractions, hotels etc still closed. At the moment the Scottish Government are hoping that a phased return of these such businesses can happen in the last week in April, but this will all be dependant on the infection rate and what is happening within our hospitals. We will also be entering into a tier system, which means some areas in the country may not have as much open as others. The UK Government has issued specific dates for England, with everything due to be reopen by the 21st of June, but this, at the moment is not the case for Scotland. In Scotland, anyone flying into the country has to self isolate in a hotel for 10 days so this is also something else to take into consideration. 

It is all still very vague for us with having no specific dates and with restriction reviews happening every 3 weeks, it really is a waiting game. I am so sorry I couldn't give you anymore specific details on the way things are going to go but if you check out this website this will give you all the Scottish Governments up to date advice on what is going on.

Whenever you do get to travel to our country, we look forward to welcoming you :smile: and if you need any more help and information, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind Regards

Lindsay