Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

#hametowntourist Ardnamurchan Lighthouse

LochgmarcpLochgmarcp VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
AD

A collective sigh of relief as phase 3 of the government’s exit from lockdown began and tourism started to open up again!
After a long four months, some businesses and tourist attractions have been allowed to reopen as long as they can maintain safe practices and ensure safe social distancing. 

With this in mind, I traveled to Ardnamurchan Lighthouse at the weekend, Britain’s most westerly point on the mainland and a favourite place of mine to visit! 

Although access to the main exhibition and tower remains closed at the moment due to its size, I was still able to explore the exterior of the lighthouse. There are plenty of information boards giving you some history of the site and the views from  the lighthouse, out to the islands of Rùm and Eigg and beyond are just incredible and more than worth the long drive! 

The cafe which is right next to the lighthouse, is open, and can provide you with some great coffee, cake and food!
You can enjoy this outside on their picnic benches whilst enjoying the view! Or should the weather be, well typically Scottish, they have made space inside to ensure safe social distancing can be adhered to!
Masks are mandatory whilst inside the premises and there is plenty of hand sanitiser as well as protective screens between you and your server!
The shop also sells lots of great local crafts, goods and photos, so you can take a memento with you after your trip 

This part of the west coast is one of my favourites! You can get here by either taking the ferry crossing from Corran or driving via Lochailort (my personal favourite) which means you can take in all of the beautiful scenery and wildlife! 

Are you planning any trips to visitor attractions in Scotland now we have entered into phase 3? 

Let me know in the comments... 

Instagram.com/Lochgmarcp @lochgmarcp

Comments