Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Longest Day

So we are fast approaching the longest day in Scotland. Where are your favourite places to enjoy a few extra special moments of daytime in this fantastic country? 

Comments

• VisitScotlandNikkiVisitScotlandNikki Administrator, VisitScotland Staff
    Anywhere in Scotland @Helbel! But if you're feeling really greedy for extra moments of daylight, try Shetland - where in the summer, they enjoy the Simmer Dim when the sun only goes down for a few hours.
  • Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    I love the long hours of daylight the further north you go in Scotland. We were in Tobermory on the Isle of Mull last summer and we sat up at the Western Isles Hotel in their conservatory enjoying the view down over Tobermory Harbour. Even at 10pm it was light. The sky then turns that amazing blue colour that you get in Scotland as night starts to fall. Like a painting, nothing to beat it. I took the photo below in Tobermory a couple of years ago as the evening started to creep in. 

I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors. 

• KatKat Member ✭✭
    Just back from a long weekend up on the north-west coast near Lochinver. Perfect place to celebrate the solstice. It barely gets dark. We climbed up Stac Pollaidh to take in the sunrise and had no need for our head torches.