Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Does Durness have a local taxi service?

I've searched online but cannot find a taxi company in Durness. Can anyone confirm to me that a service exists for tourists like me who do not have a car? To enable me to get to Durness shops, get home from a restaurant at night or to visit the next town on the North Coast 500. Thanks.
Tagged:

Answers

• LochNessPhotographyLochNessPhotography Member ✭✭✭
    Hi @SeaShells, Durness itself is pretty small and you should be able to walk everywhere in the village without too much bother, unless you have any specific mobility issues? 

The Durness Bus Company are probably your best bet, they'll do private hires if you need them to get you anywhere. They also run scheduled services to Inverness, Lochinver, Thurso and Ullapool. 
  • SeaShellsSeaShells Member
    Thanks for your answer. We will have got to Durness by using the Durness Bus Company along the North Coast and we have their timetable. Our accommodation will be about 2 miles east of the centre of Durness and we want to see as much of the Durness/Cape Wrath area as we can without actually having a car with us, plus go out for meals. We are walkers. A taxi service would help getting back after days out e.g. from Cape Wrath ferry. We will cope!