Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Luncarty?

Hi there, 

I will be in Scotland this summer.   My grandmother was born in Luncarty, Perthshire so we are going to drive through that area.  I have not found many mentions of things to do and see in Luncarty, aside from a football team.  Any suggestions as to things to do?  I realize it is a pretty small place.  Thanks!

munroeKO

Comments

• fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
    Hi @munroeko, Luncarty is a very small town and there really is nothing to see there. It has a pub, a general store, a restaurant, a war memorial and a Chiropractor practice and that is it.
    The present village was founded in 1752 by William Sandeman, to house workers at his bleachfields. These were set up for the Mills in the nearby village of Stanley.

Hope that helps (or not) :-)

Best regards
    fishypro
  • munroekomunroeko Member ✭✭
    Hi @fishypro,

Thanks for the reply!  I figured that was probably the case as I have not been able to find much information online.  We'll drive through as we'll be going that way anyhow but, unless one of us has a chiropractic emergency, it will probably be a quick stop.  :smiley:

Thanks again!
    munroeKO
  • FofomaFofoma Member ✭✭✭
    @munroeKO  

Just up the road from Luncarty and worth a visit is Stanley Mills - the River Tay was an important source of water for a whole lot of industries in the past. 

https://www.historicenvironment.scot/visit-a-place/places/stanley-mills/
  • munroekomunroeko Member ✭✭
    Thanks, @fofoma!  I will look into this too.
  • StevanHoggStevanHogg Member
    Visit the Hermitage at Dunkeld