Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Drivers license

Hi, I'm South African and have a drivers license.  Would I need any other international permit or drivers license to drive in Scotland?


  • fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
    Hi @Elmarie you can drive any small car in Scotland with a Non EU driving license for up to 12 months. See the following link from Visitscotland.

    Best regards
Sign In or Register to comment.