Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Fort Williams to Lochness Tour

We are coming in May and are looking for a tour from Fort William to Loch Ness.  Does one exist?

Thanks!

Comments

• VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hello @ohcanada2! I've compiled a wee search for you and it looks like you have several options that should cover your need! Here you go. Hope this is helpful! Let us know if you have any other queries as well :)  
    Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram
  • HorizonsHorizons Member, VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure of a private tour but you could take a local bus heading to Inverness and get off at the Clansman hotel to do the Jacobite boat tour + Urquhart castle. There are 3 or 4 journeys that are feasible a day (I think, takes 1.5 hours). Bus schedule: https://www.citylink.co.uk/timetables/Winter2018/WEB_ObanInverness.pdf
    I'm Anirudh, an Indian travel blogger who has explored a lot of Scotland by public transport. My blog. Find me on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 week itinerary (fully by public transport)

My Scotland travels (includes EdinburghSkye, HarrisMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban, DunoonSpeyside)

• LochNessPhotographyLochNessPhotography Member ✭✭✭
    Other options in addition to getting the bus is to get off at Fort Augustus and try one of the Cruise Loch Ness  cruises. Or stop off at Drumnadrochit and do some of the shorter tours available there. There are some good walking options around Drumnadrochit if you want to explore the wider area but don't want to do a long linear walk like the Great Glen Way. I can help with the latter option :smiley:

The benefit of stopping at somewhere like Fort Augustus is that you spend less time in the bus and should have more time to explore. I'm really hoping someone starts the Fort Augustus - Foyers - Drum - Dochgarroch boat route again but sadly there's no sign of that happening anytime soon :(