Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Help with trip

I am going on my first ever trip to Scotland and I wanted to know where can I find maps of the highland areas to see what is close by. Also how do I decide what to see there  is so much?

Comments

• VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hello @Cynthia5552 - I understand the feeling - so many great options in the Highlands it can be a little overwhelming! Can you tell us first what you're most interested in (castles, lochs, mountains, towns, etc) and then we'll try and help you build your itinerary from there :) 

You might also find some useful information on this page: https://www.visitscotland.com/destinations-maps/highlands/ 
    Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram
  • SteelmanSteelman Member
    planning a trip end of April into May what is the weather like at that time of year? my first time to Scotland
  • VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hello @Steelman - that's a lovely time of year to visit - our days are getting longer and warmer and our Spring flowers should be in bloom. We can't guarantee weather conditions but you'd be looking at roughly 11-14 degrees in Edinburgh at this time of year. Good luck with your trip planning, let us know if you need any help!
    Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram
  • VisitScotlandLiamVisitScotlandLiam Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hey @Steelman, glad to hear you're coming to visit us!  It should be quite warm then.  May is usually quite warm as we move into summer.  You can have a wee look at our climate and weather page on our website here for some more information!
    Lead vocalist & rhythm guitarist for The Bright SkiesSpotify, Twitter, Facebook, SoundCloud, YouTube.