Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Perthshire road trip

We are heading to Scotland in June 2019. The last Visit Scotland email suggested two roadtrips. Perthshire was one of them. It sounds lovely but I would like to know more about the various destinations on this toad trip. We are interested in quaint  communities and beautiful scenery and anything seaside or mountains/castles. I am sure we will have 10 days easily.  There was another trip suggested as well. This is our second trip. We were in the highlands on our last.  Looking at spending some quality time in Edinburough as well.   Anybsuggestions would be appreciated.  Many thanks!

Comments

• Perthshire is lovely and you'll have loads of options when it comes to exploring, especially over ten days. Although to my shame I probably haven't spend nearly as much time there as I should! 

Dunkeld is a nice a little town and exploring the old Cathedral is highly recommended. From there The Hermitage is just a short hop away and is one of my favourite stops on my way home up the A9 back to Inverness. It's one of these places that looks spectacular all year round. You could also do an easy-ish drive from there by car along Loch Tay and take in Aberfeldy. If you're in that area you have to go and see the Fortingall Yew tree, it's reckoned to be around 3,000 years old! It's possible that it's even older than that. You can complete the loop by going via Lochearnhead and through Crieff. 

• VisitScotlandLiamVisitScotlandLiam Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hey @Arcticrose, I've not visited Perthshire as much as I'd have liked to but I do have trips planned to Pitlochry and Aberfeldy in the next few weeks.  I'll be sure to leave a review and post some pictures as well!
    Lead vocalist & rhythm guitarist for The Bright SkiesSpotify, Twitter, Facebook, SoundCloud, YouTube.