Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Cant wait to come over

Is it stupid of us to already have set up a count down clock for our trip next march to Scotland... We will be there for 6 weeks and will travel the NC500 in a rented camper van... We are even going to look at buying a bed and breakfast home... One that we can rent to someone and in return they get to keep most of the bnb profit.... I cant wait to go back home

Comments

• VisitScotlandLiamVisitScotlandLiam Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    @lushnpops Not stupid at all!  Have an awesome time!
    Lead vocalist & rhythm guitarist for The Bright SkiesTwitter, Facebook, SoundCloud, YouTube.
  • AaronSmith1AaronSmith1 Member
    are you going to Isle of Arran? Well worth a visit. Most accessible island from the central belt so once you have completed your NC500 route then stop by! 
  • lushnpopslushnpops Member ✭✭
    edited July 1
    Sorry Aaron, took a while to answer... I do believe so, i think there is a distillery to be seen there... we are hiring a 4wd and travelling at our leisure, and will be staying at Air B&B or normal BnB... We were going to hire a campervan, but decided against it

• ArtravelistArtravelist Member ✭✭
    Hi @lushnpops

While you are up on the north coast, do take a ferry trip to Orkney from John O'Groats or Stornoway from Ullapool.

http://www.jogferry.co.uk/Home.aspx

https://www.calmac.co.uk/stornoway-ullapool-lewis-ferry-winter-timetable

be an artravelist with me at artravelist.com
  • MotorhomeAdventuresMotorhomeAdventures Member ✭✭
    Agree! Ullapool to Stornaway is a favourite ferry crossing of mine.  Make sure you get off the beaten track, go to the Summer Isles above Ullapool and Cromarty on the Black Isle above Inverness.
    Enjoy!
    OuterHebridesByMotorhome
  • FullStopNextChapterFullStopNextChapter VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    Six weeks! Brilliant! It is always good to have things to look forward to. Is this your first visit to bonnie Scotland?

I am a Scottish travel and lifestyle blogger - you might find some inspiration in my posts over on my blog

Join in my new chapter over on the blog. Discovering all things that make Scotland the place everyone wants to visit. 

Website
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    YouTube
    Artravelist Thanks for that.... We are looking at hitting the islands... Would you recomend a 4wd for the trip.... as its in March , how do you think the accomondation would be

FullStopNextChapter.... I was born in Glasgow, but we migrated to Australia when i was 5.... I went back as a kid in 75, but due to life, i havent been back... But for the last 15 years i have been feeling like Scotland is calling me back to her....So 6 weeks with the outlook of possibly moving back