Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

First time visitor - review of outline itinerary please

My wife and I are thinking of visiting Scotland mid / end July for 7-10 days and I have mapped out the following itinerary for travel by car from our home in Sheffield:- Drive to Edinburgh, possibly stopping off in Banburgh (or similar). Then drive towards Inverness, stopping off to see The Kelpies with an overnight stay around Aviemore area. Not sure then whether to stay in Inverness or find something around Caladonian Canal. Then down to Fort Augustus and Fort William with a trip to Ben Nevis. Then onward to Loch Lomond before finishing in Glasgow. We'd then drive back home via Lancaster. I'd welcome any thoughts on this itinerary together with any suggestions on places to see, things to do and accommodation. Thank you

Comments

• Just above Inverness, go to Cromarty point on the Black Isle and watch the daily spectacle of dolphins just yards from the beach! It’s magic :-)
    OuterHebridesByMotorhome
  • VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @dp47 - sounds like an amazing trip - I'm well jealous!

I'd recommend booking your accommodation for this trip as soon as possible as it's a busy time of year here and places will fill up fast!

Also you might like to check out this video from someone who stayed in Aviemore over winter - different season but some great tips that would still be fun in summer too!

Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram