Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Whats your favourite thing about Scotland?

RossSneddonRossSneddon Member ✭✭
edited March 2016 in General Discussion

Whats your favourite thing about Scotland? 55 votes

landscapes
76%
VisitScotlandIntroyourusernamejaybeeLochgmarcpScotlandTraveloholicSamantha_GrantlaretourFunkyEllas_TraveljanehunterkirstyaturnerEdinBrawGaryLLACampbellDMWScotlandTheChaoticScotVisitScotlandNikki[Deleted User]VisitScotlandAliVisitScotlandJoanneVisitScotlandAlisonVisitScotlandJulie 42 votes
food
1%
ananyah 1 vote
people
16%
VisitScotlandHeatherSmidgeNatbeesFashionHammyJenniEdinburghCanyoneroCatzscotland123Arnaudbastia 9 votes
entertainment
1%
ailsa 1 vote
music
3%
VisitScotlandRuaridhVisitScotlandLiam 2 votes

Comments

• yourusernameyourusername Member
    edited May 2016
    landscapes
    Live Music is a key attraction in Portree, particularly on a sunny summer's evening. There are many pubs throughout Portree which offer Live Music throughout the week, including: The Portree Hotel The Isles Inn We look forward to showcasing our culture here in Portree throughout the summer season.
  • ScotlandTraveloholicScotlandTraveloholic VisitScotland Contributor ✭✭
    landscapes
    Wish I could choose all of the things! :)
    Scotland Traveloholic
     | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube
    Simply Sharing Scotland!
  • NatbeesFashionNatbeesFashion Member ✭✭
    people
    People and landscapes :)
    Follow my trip around Scotland here  :)
    Also ask me any questions on Instagram or Twitter if you are visiting Aberdeen anytime soon and you need recommendations. 
  • ananyahananyah Member ✭✭
    food
    This is a hard one as I cannot choose just one!

I adore the landscape and the fact that I can get from my house to Loch Lomond in under 30 minutes. 

The food is without doubt one of the best commodities we have. Our natural larder is superb. The seafood, beef, lamb, vegetables... the list is endless!

The people are without any doubt the friendliest I have encountered. No matter where I have been throughout Scotland, I've always been met with friendly people eager to help you and others. Within Glasgow, there is a motto "People Make Glasgow" and I agree 100%.

Visit Scotland Community Ambassador
    Glasgow Based Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blogger
    Blog | Twitter | Instagram
  • janehunterjanehunter Member ✭✭
    landscapes
    The Scottish landscape is what I love most... 

...but, food/people/entertainment/music all together in equal measure come a close second :wink: 
    Scottish Textile Artist
    janehunterart.com
    Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
  • laretourlaretour VisitScotland Contributor ✭✭
    landscapes
    I'm with @janehunter! The landscapes make it but everything else is the cherry on top.
    LARETOUR.com 
    Stories from Scotland.
    instagram | twitter | facebook
  • Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    landscapes
    The landscape blows me away. I never tire of it. It's so diverse - the beautiful tweedy colours, lochs, glens, mountains. The azure colour the sea turns in a certain light. The shifting light. I could wax lyrical all night. 

I spend every spare minute I can outdoors and usually in as remote a location as possible. I find the scenery completely calming. 

I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors. 

• NatbeesFashionNatbeesFashion Member ✭✭
    people
    As @ananyah said "People Make Glasgow" and Scotland in general... :)
    Follow my trip around Scotland here  :)
    Also ask me any questions on Instagram or Twitter if you are visiting Aberdeen anytime soon and you need recommendations. 
  • DMWScotlandDMWScotland VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    landscapes
    Landscapes just take my breath away and never fail to make me feel better. We all seem to be living life in the fast lane these days, so escaping from that pace for a little while is the best therapy there is :)
    I blog about places I've explored in Scotland on Love Exploring Scotland  <3
    Follow me on FacebookTwitterInstagramVimeo or YouTube :)
  • VisitScotlandAlisonVisitScotlandAlison Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    landscapes
    Food can change, people come and go, entertainment and music are very personal tastes, but the landscapes are there, forever, til a' the seas gang dry!
  • ScotlandAdventuresScotlandAdventures Member ✭✭✭
    I definitely agree with all the landscape comments.  I love that we have such a diverse amount of landscape on our doorstep and no matter where you are in the country you never have to travel far to visit a beach, loch or mountain, sometimes having all three in one place!  Our landscape also looks completely different each season and I don't think I'll ever tire of snowy mountains.

Some of the other things I love -

Our cities are all compact with plenty of culture, entertainment and green spaces.

Our wildlife is an amazing asset and you can easily see some of our most iconic animals and mammals with a little planning from red deer to whales, we are very fortunate.

Our islands are little paradises with some of the best beaches in the world. Many are easy to visit by ferry and every island I've been to has a completely different feel so you won't get bored of island hopping!

I may seem biased by saying that the people are some of the friendliest in the world but that has been my experience across the country and the feedback I get from other people that have visited.

There is so much to love about Scotland although the landscape is what ties everything else together.
    Scottish Travel Blogger at Adventures Around Scotland

Follow me on Social Media at Twitter Facebook Instagram Pinterest

• HelbelHelbel Member ✭✭
    landscapes
    The landscapes for sure. There is nowhere quite like it, offering such a diverse blend of seascape and Islands, to mountain ranges and wide open space. To live in Scotland is so fortunate. To visit is the next best thing. The beauty of a trip to Scotland is you can see so much variation in just one day. From the cityscape of Edinburgh you can enjoy beach walks, hill walks and even Island life all in a day! 

• arjc1971arjc1971 Member ✭✭
    landscapes
    Has to be the landscapes.  Just back from a trip from Glasgow to Fort William through Glencoe and almost crashed the car twice as I was too busy being STUNNED by the scenery around me.  It literally takes your breath away!

• PjtPjt Member
    I've found adventure and satisfaction in each of your category choices.

I've stayed at a castle in the highlands, flown falcons, Hawks and owls in Strathblane, hiked a quarter mile to a ruin, eaten haggis three different ways, I've played golf in Aberdeen and Dornich, I've walked a farmers boxer dog in a pasture...

Perhaps, for me, it is that Scotland is unique in that she can delight the senses even while simply sitting on the patio overlooking a landscape drinking a cup of morning coffee...

Thank you Scotland!