Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Edinburgh 3nights in June need advise...

My family of 5 is traveling to Edinburgh in June... We have never been before and would love advice on where to stay and what to see, we are staying for three nights in Edinburgh Scotland and would love to see as much as possible in and around the area. Thank you for all hints and advice :)
Tagged:

Comments

• HorizonsHorizons Member, VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    What are your interests / typical places to visit as a family? Edinburgh Castle, the Royal mile and Palace of Holyroodhouse are definitely places that most first timers gravitate towards visiting (fairly). Victoria street is so pretty + has a fascinating mix of gift shops, restaurants, pubs and even a cheese monger so I do tend to take first time visitors down to Grassmarket via Victoria street. Lastly most museums are free and it does tend to rain unpredictably so it is worth checking out the National Museum of Scotland or the Scottish National Gallery conveniently located in the city centre.

Of course, as a local, I tend to avoid these places due to crowds so my fav places tend to be places like the Royal Botanical Gardens or Calton Hill. My personal list of fave places, restaurants and bars can be found here: https://beyondourhorizons.com/2015/10/10/edinburgh-things-to-do/ Feel free to ask any specific questions based on your interests :smile:
    I'm Anirudh, an Indian travel blogger who has explored a lot of Scotland by public transport. My blog. Find me on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 week itinerary (fully by public transport)

My Scotland travels (includes EdinburghSkye, HarrisMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban, Speyside fest)

• Mich724Mich724 Member
    Thank you so much for the information... my girls are huge HARRY POTTER and King Arthur fans also we love just seeing the amazing history and beauty of everything. So hard to do everything we can in the 3 night's we will be there. That is why I was looking for a locals view point.. they always know the best places to go and eat
  • ScotlandAdventuresScotlandAdventures Member ✭✭✭
    I recently wrote a blog post about using the hop on hop off tour buses with suggested Edinburgh 1 and 2 day itineraries which might help you

https://www.adventuresaroundscotland.com/scotland-travel-blog/hop-on-hop-off-edinburgh

There is so much to see in Edinburgh that 3 nights will only give you a taster.  For your girls, I would also suggest the free Harry Potter walking tour and a visit to Museum Context in Victoria St which is a very quirky shop filled with Harry Potter merchandise.  It is located in the street said to be the inspiration for Diagon Alley, hope that helps!
    Scottish Travel Blogger at Adventures Around Scotland

Follow me on Social Media at Twitter Facebook Instagram Pinterest