Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Camper Van Rentals

Any suggestions on not cheap, but cheaper places to rent a camper van for a few weeks of touring the highlands an the Scottish Islands..

Dont want to use the big companies if i can avoid them..

Any suggestions folks..

Thanks

Comments

• FullStopNextChapterFullStopNextChapter VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    I did the North Coast 500 last October in a VW van from Bunk Campers. They were great and can supply extras such as bed linen, camping chairs, bike racks and airport transfers too. 

I found them to be efficient and very helpful. Certainly worth checking out. 
    Join in my new chapter over on the blog. Discovering all things that make Scotland the place everyone wants to visit. 

Website
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    YouTube
  • lushnpopslushnpops Member ✭✭
    Fullstop..... Thanks i will put them on my list to call.

How are the rest stops on the way, and are there many places to grab a shower, or are Van Parks the best places for that..

• FullStopNextChapterFullStopNextChapter VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    We tended to alternate between camp sites and on the roadside etc - giving us the option to shower and freshen up. This gave us a bit more flexibility to just stop when we wanted rather than making a designated stop each evening. If you are doing this in peak season you might want to consider booking in advance. 

https://www.visitscotland.com/accommodation/caravan-camping/ 
    Join in my new chapter over on the blog. Discovering all things that make Scotland the place everyone wants to visit. 

Website
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    YouTube
  • powderglutpowderglut Member ✭✭
    We are using a company called Spaceships UK. Haven't done the trip yet, so really can't comment on how good they are. I think we chose them  mostly because they were in Edinburgh where we start and finish our trip.   https://www.spaceshipsrentals.co.uk
    @powderglut    I think we have them on our list as well... They seem to appear each time we look at campers in Scotland pages lol

@FullStopNextChapter .... That was kind of what we were thinking... And also so we can do a bit of washing up as well.... We are travelling in mid March to the end of April in 2019... We come from a hot humid climate in Queensland, and are actually looking forward to having cooler weather to enjoy a beautiful country
  • ScotlandAdventuresScotlandAdventures Member ✭✭✭
    I've used RockinVans a couple of times, I'm also going out at the end of the month with a new company called Red Kite Campers just in case you need another couple of suggestions  :)
    Scottish Travel Blogger at Adventures Around Scotland

Follow me on Social Media at Twitter Facebook Instagram Pinterest

@ScotlandAdventures... Thanks, i will look into them as well, and let me know what you think of the new company you are going to use.. Thanks again