Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Trafalgur or Costsaver Tours

Hi all,

Just a quick question... Has anyone on the site done a Trafalgur or Costsaver tour of the UK.

We are thinking of a 16 day one in March next year, and would love some feedback... 

We are definitely coming over. But wondered if we would see more ourselves in a good Campervan'

Thanks

Ian

Comments

• HorizonsHorizons Member, VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    We are definitely coming over. But wondered if we would see more ourselves in a good Campervan'
    I cannot recommend self planning and driving in a campervan enough (even though I've never done it). A simple way to look at it is thinking what can the tour company provide that you can't self plan. You already know their itinerary and also the places you want to see. Once you read the single track driving etiquette, you are good to go. There are so stunning campsites across the country. That said, they are extremely busy in the summer so I will defer to a campervan travel expert.

I'm Anirudh, an Indian travel blogger who has explored a lot of Scotland by public transport. My blog. Find me on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 week itinerary (fully by public transport)

My Scotland travels (includes EdinburghSkye, HarrisMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban, Speyside fest)

• lushnpopslushnpops Member ✭✭
    That's it Horizons,

we have seen their prices, and for what you get for 16 days, including most meals and accommodation, the price is good..

We were then going to cruise around for another 16 days... So our thoughts are, if we rent a camper and do it ourselves, we can save money..

Now to find a reputable but cheaper campers that the big vehicle rental companies...... Any recommendations???

thanks
    Ian