Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Edradour Skye Kitty (I Need Your Vote)

This is *super* long, so feel free to ignore. It’s also complete silliness.

Since this General Discussion allows “Anything off-topic”, I’ll ask for your help here. Our wee kitty, “Big Sir” passed away in the middle of 2017, after my wife and I visited Scotland in the autumn of 2016. He was fine a and fuzzy lad, and much loved. He had a loving and wonderful home for 16 years, and passed away in our arms. We miss him every day.

Here’s Big Sir (terribly sick) in his last shot with Rochelle about an hour before we had to let him go.

One of our most favorite distillery visits in 2016 was the Edradour Distillery in Pitlochry (the only distillery that still handcrafts whisky). Here is their lovely tasting bar. Yes, it’s incredibly tough to have a tasting at 10:00 am in the morning, and then be functional for the rest of the day :)

So we adopted a rescue cat the next year and decided to name him “Edradour Skye”, or as we like to call him: “Eddie Skye”.

So I’m coming back in late May of this year (2018), but I won’t be able to visit Edradour in Pitlochry. I want to give them a framed 8x10 photo of their “Namesake/Mascot” kitty to put behind the tasting bar. I make my living as a commercial portraiture photographer, SEO guy, and social media representative for a number of clients.

This is Eddie with his namesake bottle  :)

So I’d love it if someone could run this up to Pitlochry for me, or I’ll mail inside the country once I arrive.

Anyhow, which photo suits your fancy? I’m in favor of number 4 (the last one) - but I also like number 2 where he's lying down. What do you think?

Sorry for spamming the site - just a bit of fun!

Chris

World traveler, photographer, and humorist. I wrote an article called “26 Funny Observations about Scotland” in September of 2016, that was widely re-published. You can find it here on the Daily Record. You can also find me on Facebook Instagram

Comments