Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

My Solo Trip

Hey ya all my hubby is letting me visit Scoctland by myself with one caveat: I must use train and buses. I have a mild disability affecting my stamina and steps. I will have a mobility scooter and a tight budget. I'm hoping to find accommodations for $50usd. Would love to see the military tattoo but I'm not hopeful for that. More than likely I will come Sept or Oct this year or April or May next year. Any hints.

Best Answer

Answers

• VisitScotlandLiamVisitScotlandLiam Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @Joyful_, I really hope you have a brilliant time when you come over here! If you want to catch the Royal Military Tattoo, though, you'll need to come between the 3rd and 25th of August as that is the only time that it's on!
    Lead vocalist & rhythm guitarist for The Bright SkiesTwitter, Facebook, SoundCloud, YouTube.
  • Joyful_1Joyful_1 Member ✭✭
    Thanks Liam I am aware of the dates for the tattoo. I've checked into prices for accommodations and such an realized that unless I stumble across a fantastic deal for a tour this option is unlikely.
  • VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @Joyful_1

Did you know that there is a Highland Military Tattoo at Fort George in September. Fort George is near to Inverness (13 miles). Find out more at https://highlandmilitarytattoo.com/
  • Joyful_1Joyful_1 Member ✭✭
    Hey Julie 
    According to the web site there will be no more Highland tattoos. Not enough Bums in the seats so it has been canceled.