Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Beautiful Scotland!

VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff

When I first moved to Scotland I was blown away with how beautiful it is, so when Rough Guides announced us as ‘the most beautiful country in the world’ I was nodding with great enthusiasm!

So with that in mind, I thought we could all share a bit about our favourite parts of the country and what it is that makes it beautiful to us. For me, I love the diversity of the landscapes and the amazing animals you can spot as you drive along (highland coo's being a fave, of course) as well as all the castles and historic buildings. 

I still have so much more of the country to see and explore (and I'm constantly getting jealous of the pictures I see some of you sharing on here) but here are some of my highlights so far:

The Lazy Duck in Nethy Bridge

Inveraray Castle

Deer spotting in Glen Coe

Tantallon Castle

What makes Scotland beautiful to you? Share your pictures and faves below!

Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
Instagram

Comments

• Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31
    What a great thread @VisitScotlandAmanda I’ve lived in Scotland my whole life and have travelled extensively in it, yet it still takes my breath away.  I feel incredibly lucky to live here - it stirs the soul. I’m also blessed to have spent all of my days in Edinburgh.  Who could fail to fall in love with a city so heart achingly beautiful?  

It’d be impossible for me to pick a favourite place or experience, but I never tire of walking on remote Scottish beaches, or getting high up into the hills where you feel tiny and insignificant, yet exhilarated at the same time.  Being a history geek I’m spoiled rotten living here.  To me the remnants of our long, rich history are poignant reminders of my ancestors who once lived in this beautiful, historic land. 

Here are some photos that sum up the beauty that I see in Scotland, keeping me eternally on the road. 

Top to bottom:

St Giles Cathedral Edinburgh 
    Inveraray, Argyll 
    Rahoy Estate - Morvern 
    St Cyrus Beach, Aberdeenshire 
    Dunure - Aryshire
    Craig Varr - Kinloch Rannoch
    Yesnaby Castle - Orkney 
    Crovie - Aberdeenshire 
    Dunadd Hillfort - Argyll 

Sorry I couldn’t stop once I got started!!  
    I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors. 

• VisitScotlandLiamVisitScotlandLiam Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    @Lochgmarcp .....wow!
    Lead vocalist & rhythm guitarist for The Bright SkiesTwitter, Facebook, SoundCloud, YouTube.
  • VisitScotlandLiamVisitScotlandLiam Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    @Horizons Brilliant post!!!  Thanks so much for sharing!
    Lead vocalist & rhythm guitarist for The Bright SkiesTwitter, Facebook, SoundCloud, YouTube.
  • spootsspoots Member ✭✭
    edited February 15
    Then there are the sweeping white sands.

(these are from my Instagram, they're all from Orkney: the first is North Wick on Papa Westray, and the others are Saville Bay on Sanday)

@spoots ; Some smashing pics in there!  Thanks for sharing!
  • ToomaTooma Member ✭✭
    Loch Lomond just north of Rowardennan on the eastern side.

• HorizonsHorizons Member, VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    Lovely shots of the Bonnie banks @Tooma :smile: Thanks for sharing.
    I'm Anirudh, an Indian travel blogger who has explored a lot of Scotland by public transport. My blog. Find me on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 week itinerary (fully by public transport)

My Scotland travels (includes EdinburghSkye, HarrisMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban, Speyside)

• ToomaTooma Member ✭✭
    Found another couple of Bonnie Scotland shots for you. 
    Landscape from Mull.

Sailing to Craignure - this is part of the Sound of Mull.