Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Bucket list wish list

I’m hoping someone can help me identify whether this dream exists in reality:

- self catering cottage available for weekends or longer 
- sitting right by a white sandy beach
- on the west coast of Scotland
- within 3 hours drive of Bearsden
- would be staying alone with two small kids so not isolated or spooky
- lots of things to do for kids. 
- nearby village or town
- the interior of the place modern and pretty 

does such a place exist ? Or shall I keep in dreaming ?

thanks in advance

Comments

• HorizonsHorizons Member, VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    Am coming up empty. The closest truly whitesand beaches I can think of is Arisaig but that is more than 3 hours driving. Saltcoats / Ardossan South Beach also seemed like a good option as they are more likely to have modern self catering cottages and are also a stones throw from Arran (which is filled with activities but does not have white sand beaches by itself) but the sand is more yellow than white. I haven't looked for suitable cottages but did stay in a superb B&B on Corrie, Arran and it had perfectly modern fittings so I am guessing it won't be that hard to find (atleast in Ayrshire)
    We're a globetrotting travel blogger couple. Find us on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 Week (fully by public transport)

See Scotland with us (incl: SkyeMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban)