Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Share your epic road trip footage

edited May 2017 in Touring and Road Trips

Have you just been or are planning a road trip in and around Scotland?  Then we need you!

Rather than sending out a film crew, on a day with best conditions and with the fanciest production equipment, our multimedia team would love to create a road trip video using your footage from all over Scotland.

We want people out on the road to film themselves and the things they are seeing … and it doesn’t need to by on state of the art cameras – anything that shoots HD would be perfect

I’ve attached a little handy guide, detailing the types of themes we’re looking for along with a few tips on how to capture the best footage.

Once you’ve got your footage, you can email it to [email protected] (with a dropbox or we transfer link if the files are large) or if it’s on youtube, simply post the link in a comment below for us all to see! You don't need to edit the footage, our team will piece it all together to make one epic video.

Happy road tripping!

Tagged:

Comments

• argyllgirlargyllgirl Member ✭✭
    I am going on a trip to Orkney in 9 days and will be driving and using a Gopro on the dash.  If it's not raining I'll have footage of the Rest and Be Thankful, Glencoe, and other sites on the way to Orkney, and on Orkney. 
  • Sounds fantastic @argyllgirl ; :)
  • jackcairneyjackcairney VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭
    Hey Heather,

This is an exciting idea :smile:

I'm getting more into video recently and have a few clips you are welcome to use if they suit the project, i'll e-mail some across to you via youtube.

Look forward to seeing the video  :)

Cheers

Jack 
  • willmackenziewillmackenzie Member ✭✭
    I love this idea!

I've just been editing some footage from driving down the Quiraing ridge in Skye tonight, coincidentally.

I'll send this in, but I have a two minute video from my NC500 adventure last summer that I hope will be of interest... http://vimeo.com/174447510

Good luck with the project!
    Edinburgh | Highlands of Scotland | Part-time explorer
    > My Instagram
  • VisitScotland on Twitter approached me to share my Scotland Caravan Road Trip video here in this project! 
    So here you go, this is the link to my YouTube video: 

Let me know whether you want me to send the raw footage material as well! 

I would love to be featured and participate in showing Scotland's beauty to the world. 

Hugs, 
    Laura 
  • LisaFernando1LisaFernando1 Member
    edited May 2017
    Please feel free to use any footage from my YouTube video below. Look forward to watching it! YouTube: Lisa Fernando 
  • Wow! Some great videos being posted. Thanks guys!
  • ErinONeillErinONeill Member
    edited June 2017
    I made a video on my holiday to Scotland recently. Here is the link - 
  • Glen_Cairns_94Glen_Cairns_94 Member
    edited July 2017
    Me and 6 others of my friends have just completed the north coast 500 trip and had inside car footage, trivias and tasks. This is just a short trailer of it (heads up, a couple of swear words I should have censored out)
  • keiller84keiller84 Member
    My girlfriend and I recently packed the North Coast 500 into 4 days - here's the video I put together from the hours of GoPro footage we filmed! 

• DjpbDjpb Member
    My trip in Scotland in 2016

https://vimeo.com/167865267
  • CraigGrahamCapturesCraigGrahamCaptures Member
    edited August 2017
    Great videos here! Here is one I put together of our North Coast 500 trip. So lucky to have all this just a few hours drive away  :) 
    http://youtu.be/25o-z2U-Efc
  • A nine day road trip through parts of Scotland. Starting in Glasgow and driving north with our rented VW California. After spending one night in the Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park we continued the trip and went further north up to Fort William and went back to Glasgow. This is a collection of some impressions capture while enjoying the stunning nature of Scotland. 

Enjoy it :)
    www.vimeo.com/250026448
  • VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    @JJ_Schlemmer thank you for sharing, what a beautiful video!
    Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram