Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Scottland by motorbike without tent

Hi everybody,
we plan to visit scottland (especially the highlands) by motorbike in september 2018.
Most we use a tent in our holiday to be independent.
But for scottland we like to travel with small luggage.

So we plan to sleep in B&B or Hotels.
We think to drive and sightseeing. And in Afternoon we like to search for a sleeping accommodation.

Now my question:
Is it hard to find a place to sleep if we think we don't like to drive no more.

Let's say we start to search 3  or 4 PM.

I hope you will understand what I mean (espacially because my bad english ;-))

Thank you in advance

Comments

• VisitScotlandSarahWVisitScotlandSarahW Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    edited October 1
    Hi @VisitByBike. This sounds like a lovely trip! 

Whilst September isn't within the peak holiday season the highlands of Scotland are still fairly busy at this time of year. Bear in mind that accommodation in very small highland villages can be more limited compared to larger towns and cities. Therefore, I would suggest that you try to book your accommodation at least a few days in advance.

You can search for accommodation on our VisitScotland website. You could also visit our  iCentres along the way where our friendly advisors can book your accommodation in advance for a small fee (£4.00 and 10% deposit). 

I hope this helps you.  :)

• VisitByBikeVisitByBike Member
    Hi @VisitScotlandSarahW,
    thank you for your fast reply.
    It helps but ....
    .... it sounds like we should not renounce a tent as backup ;-)

So I have an other question.

There are enough campsites in scottland and
    especially the highlands are opened in september?

Thank you again
  • ParsmanParsman Member ✭✭
    There are plenty of campsites in Scotland and can be found all over the country. In extremis if you don't mind doing without power etc it is easy to do wild camping in Scotland too. There is no law of Trespass and access to the countryside is largely free, although some restrictions have recently been established in the Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park.
  • VisitByBikeVisitByBike Member
    Hi,
    thank you very much. That sounds really great.

I will be back with new questions while we plan our trip :wink:

By
  • If you are looking for an interesting place to stay we rent out our Yurt which is form of luxurious camping! If you are interested the yurt can be booked on VisitScotland accommodation or on Airbnb.  We are in the Bridge of Earn which is central Perthshire.  An ideal place for exploring central Scotland!  have a great trip!