Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Using the Community - Quick Guide

13»

Comments

• VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hello @Basil and welcome. Your heart's ties will always pull you back, eh? I hope you get a lot out of the community and we look forward to your perspective on Scotland.
  • Great site and really useful for getting hot tips on what to do and where to go!
  • VisitScotlandLiamVisitScotlandLiam Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    @Chatleyhouse Thank you, and welcome to the community!
    Lead vocalist & rhythm guitarist for The Bright SkiesTwitter, Facebook, SoundCloud, YouTube.
  • AzucenaAzucena Member
    Hello everyone!!! I live in Mexico and I go to Scotland in July 2018 I hope this site can give me tips. :)
  • VisitScotlandLiamVisitScotlandLiam Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    @Azucena Welcome to the Community!  Thanks for joining.  I'm sure you'll learn a lot here!
    Lead vocalist & rhythm guitarist for The Bright SkiesTwitter, Facebook, SoundCloud, YouTube.
  • VivmayVivmay Member
    Hello, I am living in France now ,so miss my home country.  
    A friends brother wants to visit Loch Ness and get info on the origins of the Loch Ness monster. how do I go about helping him? Any ideas please?
    vivmay
  • RootyBranchRootyBranch Member
    Hi All, new member - planning a trip Sept 2018 with my cousins and daughters. This site and community seem very helpful.
  • VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    @RootyBranch welcome on board! let us know if we can assist you with any trip planning!
    Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram
  • RootyBranchRootyBranch Member

Is there a bed & breakfast you'd recommend in Inverness?  We'll be in Scotland September 10 - 20th, 2018.

Hi @RootyBranch

You can find quality assured B&Bs at the search link here. Just use the left hand filters to refine your search and 'map view' to see the location.

• AYankInScotlandAYankInScotland Member ✭✭
    @VisitScotlandAmanda @VisitScotlandJulie

Hi Julie & Amanda -

I just posted a response in the wrong thread (I had a senior moment - laugh), and was able to edit my post so it was pertinent to the thread (whew).

Is there a way to actually delete your own post? I couldn't seem to do that.

Thanks for all that you do, and have a braw day!

Chris

World traveler, photographer, and humorist. I wrote an article called “26 Funny Observations about Scotland” in September of 2016, that was widely re-published. You can find it here on the Daily Record. You can also find me on Facebook Instagram

Hi there @AYankInScotland

I think there is a period of time available after you have posted for editing but I don't think you have an option to delete. However, I or Amanda or any admins and moderators should be able to delete your post should you need that. Hopefully you've found a way around that now.

It's great to have you here. Nice camera btw!
  • SLWSLW Member
    Hi   I have just joined and am excited to read all the disscusions!  My friend and I will be traveling to Scotland in September for the first time!
    @SLW have a great time!!
13»