Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Using the Community - Quick Guide

13»

Comments

• Great site and really useful for getting hot tips on what to do and where to go!
  • VisitScotlandLiamVisitScotlandLiam Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    @Chatleyhouse Thank you, and welcome to the community!
    Lead vocalist & rhythm guitarist for The Bright SkiesTwitter, Facebook, SoundCloud, YouTube.
  • AzucenaAzucena Member
    Hello everyone!!! I live in Mexico and I go to Scotland in July 2018 I hope this site can give me tips. :)
  • VisitScotlandLiamVisitScotlandLiam Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    @Azucena Welcome to the Community!  Thanks for joining.  I'm sure you'll learn a lot here!
    Lead vocalist & rhythm guitarist for The Bright SkiesTwitter, Facebook, SoundCloud, YouTube.
  • VivmayVivmay Member
    Hello, I am living in France now ,so miss my home country.  
    A friends brother wants to visit Loch Ness and get info on the origins of the Loch Ness monster. how do I go about helping him? Any ideas please?
    vivmay
  • RootyBranchRootyBranch Member
    Hi All, new member - planning a trip Sept 2018 with my cousins and daughters. This site and community seem very helpful.
  • VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    @RootyBranch welcome on board! let us know if we can assist you with any trip planning!
    Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram
  • RootyBranchRootyBranch Member

Is there a bed & breakfast you'd recommend in Inverness?  We'll be in Scotland September 10 - 20th, 2018.

• VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @RootyBranch

You can find quality assured B&Bs at the search link here. Just use the left hand filters to refine your search and 'map view' to see the location.

• AYankInScotlandAYankInScotland Member ✭✭
    @VisitScotlandAmanda @VisitScotlandJulie

Hi Julie & Amanda -

I just posted a response in the wrong thread (I had a senior moment - laugh), and was able to edit my post so it was pertinent to the thread (whew).

Is there a way to actually delete your own post? I couldn't seem to do that.

Thanks for all that you do, and have a braw day!

Chris

World traveler, photographer, and humorist. I wrote an article called “26 Funny Observations about Scotland” in September of 2016, that was widely re-published. You can find it here on the Daily Record. You can also find me on Facebook Instagram

• VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi there @AYankInScotland

I think there is a period of time available after you have posted for editing but I don't think you have an option to delete. However, I or Amanda or any admins and moderators should be able to delete your post should you need that. Hopefully you've found a way around that now.

It's great to have you here. Nice camera btw!
  • SLWSLW Member
    Hi   I have just joined and am excited to read all the disscusions!  My friend and I will be traveling to Scotland in September for the first time!
    @SLW have a great time!!
  • Robg7272Robg7272 Member
    Hi, my wife and two friends are visiting Linlithgow next year and are planning to play some golf  there. Does anyone know of golf passes for the area or any information  of golf in the area.
    Thank you
    Rob 
13»