Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Which island/group of islands is your favourite?

spootsspoots Member ✭✭
edited October 27 in Scotland's Islands
Does what it says on the tin.  What's your favourite Scottish island?

Which island/group of islands is your favourite? 10 votes

Firth of Forth: Isle of May, Bass Rock etc.
0%
Firth of Clyde: Arran, Bute & Cumbrae
20%
DMWScotlandVisitScotlandLiam 2 votes
Southern Hebrides: Islay, Jura, Colonsay, Gigha
0%
Inner Hebrides: Mull, Coll, Tiree, Lismore, Iona, Kerrera, Ulva, Staffa etc.
0%
Outer Hebrides South: North Uist, South Uist, Barra, Benbecula, Berneray etc.
10%
Samantha_Grant 1 vote
Outer Hebrides North: Lewis, Harris & St Kilda
20%
Scathachfishypro 2 votes
The Small Isles: Eigg, Rùm, Muck & Canna
0%
Skye, Raasay & Scalpay
0%
Orkney
20%
Suleskerryspoots 2 votes
Shetland (includes Fair Isle)
30%
FullStopNextChapterVisitScotlandSarahWParsman 3 votes

Comments

• HorizonsHorizons VisitScotland Contributor ✭✭✭
    I feel like Meryl Streep from Sophie's choice. Many of these choices are unmissable places in Scotland for me so I have no idea how to pick a favourite.
    We're a globetrotting travel blogger couple. Find us on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 Week

See Scotland with us (incl: SkyeMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban)
  • SuleskerrySuleskerry Member ✭✭
    Orkney
    Orkney wins that vote every time for me, but then I am biased as I live here. Fair Isle/Shetland comes a close second though!
  • FullStopNextChapterFullStopNextChapter VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    Blimey! That's a real tough one! 
    I have just spent a week in Orkney and loved it but I voted for Shetland after my experience of Up Helly Aa at the start of the year. 
    I could probably vote for each set of islands on independent merits. Tough call... 
    Join in my new chapter over on the blog. Discovering all things that make Scotland the place everyone wants to visit. 

Website
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    YouTube
  • Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8
    Outer Hebrides South: North Uist, South Uist, Barra, Benbecula, Berneray etc.
    It’s a hard one.  Mull is my favourite island and I adore Orkney but it’s the Outer Hebrides for me - Harris & Lewis plus the Uists and Barra are simply magical.
    I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors. 

• DMWScotlandDMWScotland VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    Firth of Clyde: Arran, Bute & Cumbrae
    I can only vote on where I've seen with my own eyes ... but I know I'll love them all  <3
    I blog about places I've explored in Scotland on Love Exploring Scotland  <3
    Follow me on FacebookTwitterInstagramVimeo or YouTube :)
  • ParsmanParsman Member ✭✭
    I keep mentioning I am from Dunfermline (I know, I know...) but I am half Shetland on my mum's side so I spent many happy summer holidays visiting relatives and cutting the peats for winter. Beautiful islands and beautiful people.
  • ScathachScathach Member ✭✭
    Outer Hebrides North: Lewis, Harris & St Kilda
    I voted for the Outer Hebrides North.
    I left my heart in Lewis and Harris.
    However in October I went to Coll and I have to say that it is a little gem of an island. Loads of nature and beautiful beaches. Absolutely gorgeous! Highly recommended to nature lovers!