Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Best view points in Glen Affric

eilidh__cameroneilidh__cameron VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
Hi,

I'm travelling up to Glen Affric at the beginning of next week and I'm looking for some information on the best view points? I really hope to catch the sunrise so any tips on the best place to catch that would be very much appreciated. Also just any other parts of the Glen you think I shouldn't miss. 

Thanks in advance :) 

Best Answers

• benoitgxbenoitgx Member
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Eileidh,

You have a lovely viewpoint on loch Affric that you can easily get to from 'loch Affric circuit car park'. The viewpoint is not marked on google maps but it is easy to find. You have a small trail uphill that starts on your right hand side just before you reach the car park. It takes about 5 minutes to walk to the viewpoint from there. The panoramic view on Glen Affric is really nice. With the Automn colors, it should be beautiful.

Answers

• eilidh__cameroneilidh__cameron VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    Fantastic, thank you very much. That sounds brilliant :)
  • eilidh__cameroneilidh__cameron VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    Hi @Smidge,

I really wanted to do the circular walk but I had a bit of a cold/sore throat so thought it was maybe a wee bit too much but it looks stunning so I'll need to do that next time and stay longer so I can visit Glen Strathfarrar too, your photos of it look stunning!! :)