Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

1st time Scotland in October

Greetings everyone,
I'm going to visit Scotland the second week of October. It's going to be just a 3/4 days trip (yes, i know it's not much) and
I'd love to have some info or suggestion about it.
What i'm looking for is an outdoor holiday where i can discover the wonders of your country. Walkways on the countryside, trekking in the highlands, climbing a Munro is what I'm looking forward (especially the last one).
Any advise on where i can go or a city from where is easy to reach these "attractions"?
I'm not sure I will have the oppurtunity to drive a car, so I'll travel around by train, bus or plane.

I hope i've made myself "understandable" XD

Thank you for your time
Francesco

Comments

• HorizonsHorizons VisitScotland Contributor ✭✭✭
    I'll give @fishypro's answer for him, consider Pitlochry in Perthshire. Only an hour's train ride from Edinburgh / Glasgow, in spitting distance of a munro (Ben Vrackie) and superb walks and scenery all around. Cannot think of a better place for a 1st time with your requirements. I have some recommendations for the area here (and here and here), 2 distilleries in the town itself among many other things.

Alternatively, look at Rowardennan (harder to reach but more hikes), Aviemore, and Glencoe (of course).
    We're a globetrotting travel blogger couple. Find us on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 Week

See Scotland with us (incl: SkyeMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban)
  • TrtFraTrtFra Member
    Thank you so much for your help.
    As said, i won't heve much time to do all i want to so your "tips" are very
    halpefull and I really appreciate it.
    I won't scorn a taste from the distilleries as well
    New tastes and new food are part of the journey

I'm going to check your links and see what suits me the best.

Thanks again for your time