Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Walk around Glasgow or visit The Devil's Pulpit

We're flying into Glasgow, arriving around 6:30 a.m. on a Sunday and will need to make our way up to Drymen as we begin an 8-day hike of the Rob Roy Way the following morning. So, that morning should we spend our time walking around Glasgow for half the day OR should we walk about for an hour or two (grabbing breakfast, of course) and then head up to Drymen and climb down to The Devil's Pulpit? Which would you do?

Comments

• VisitScotlandAngelaVisitScotlandAngela Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    edited July 2017
    Hi @quinnunit and welcome to the community!

This is a difficult question as I love both! :) Glasgow is an amazing vibrant city with so much to see and do...you could easily spend a morning soaking up the atmosphere of the city and there are certainly plenty of attractions to visit.  On the other hand the Devils Pulpit is also spectacular. I think my decision would really depend upon the weather.  I once visited the Devils Pulpit in the rain and the stairway down the gorge was incredibly slippy and a bit scary.  I'm sure whichever one you choose you will have an amazing time!! :)