Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Planning a trip

Hi, I'm from Portugal.

I bought some tickets on promotion and until finally I go to Scotland  :D  B) <3
Tickets are for glasgow, with nothing planned, accepted suggestions of what to do in one week 13 November to 20 November
 I thought about staying in Glasgow for 2 days and then taking the bus to Edinburgh and on the last day I came back to Glasgow. I read that the trip is fast and cheap,  1.3O way and 9 pounds per couple. What do you think of this plan ?? And what tours or places should I do and visit in Glasgow and Edinburgh?
Thank you

Comments

• VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @NunoGiao! I actually have just returned from an adventure in Portugal last week. We went to Lisbon, Sintra and Porto - what a wonderful country! 

Will be very pleased to now welcome you to our shores - how exciting. Portugal and Scotland are quite different so I'm sure you'll enjoy the variation of scenery, climate, food and attractions!

Glasgow is a great metropolis with lots to see and do. There is a lot of information here that might help you plan what you'd like to do while you're there. 

Edinburgh has a completely different look and feel to Glasgow. Both are equally wonderful - just quite different to each other. The bus is very cheap and is an easy ride. There is a train too but the bus is cheaper :) There's some more information on Edinburgh here which might help you as well. 

With a 7 day trip you would also have enough time to go on one of the 1 day Highland trips too! That way you can see a bit more of the country landscape and hopefully spot a few highland coos.

Hope this helps!
    Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram