Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Boat to Bell Rock Lighthouse?

I will be in Arbroath next month to view the lighthouse. My ancestor that emigrated to America was one of the masons working for Stephenson. Does anyone know if boats take tourists out to see the lighthouse? Thanks!

Comments

• VisitScotlandMurielVisitScotlandMuriel Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @mcfasken
    I just called the Arbroath iCentre for you and they told me about Arbroath Angling Boat Trips and Sightseeing. The details are as follow: John and Keith Swanky, tel 01241 875453 or mobile 07543 005908. 
    Enjoy your holiday in Scotland!  :D
  • VisitScotlandAngelaVisitScotlandAngela Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @mcfasken and welcome to the community!

WOW...the Bell Rock Lighthouse is the oldest sea washed lighthouse in the world and must have been such a challenge to build back in the 1800s!!  

It may be worth getting in contact with M.V. Ardent Charters who depart from Arbroath Harbour.  They may be able to assist you in a trip out to see Bell Rock Lighthouse and the work of your ancestor! :)  I'd love to know how you get on!