Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Reservation necessary

Hi, I am planning my first trip to Scotland in July. My wife and me, we usually like to decide every day if we would stay at the same place or travel to another one. Is it difficult to find B&B's in July if you don't have a reservation?
Thank you for your help

Best Answer

• fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @nick63 , Generally it is always better to book in advance when visiting Scotland. If you don't mind what kind of accommodation you get for the night then there is no problem. There will be no chance to pick & choose the quality or price. It is also not true that accommodation is cheaper last minute. There are lots of places that know people are stranded and are desperate, supply & demand!
    There will be no chance at all on Skye for a spontaneous overnight stay.
    You may find that checking Booking.com or Laterooms may be helpful in some cases.

Answers

• HorizonsHorizons VisitScotland Contributor ✭✭✭
    Please book ahead of time, rural Scotland has more people visiting it than there are places to stay (Skye is actually full, Islay also gets kind of full as well). Even campsites get full unless you're a backpacker. Being spontaneous does help find the best weather to travel in Scotland but the only realistic way to do it while visiting the most beautiful places is to be a camping backpacker (which I know is not fit for many people).

Do try AirBnb (I use them all the time) as well as this relatively rich but unknown page that lists a surprisingly large number of Skye B&Bs. Finally, there are also groups for finding rooms on Facebook for the worst case searches. Have a fun holiday in Scotland!
    We're a globetrotting travel blogger couple. Find us on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 Week

See Scotland with us (incl: SkyeMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban)