Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Need to book B&B in advance?

We (4 adults) are planning a road trip in end of June/beginning of July. Do we need to book accomodation in advance or can we just putter along...??? We do not want to spend time driving around searching for accomodation and everything is fully booked...

Answers

• VisitScotlandLyndsayVisitScotlandLyndsay Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @Hanna. I would strongly advise that you book your accommodation in advance. Many areas of Scotland become very busy, certainly at the time of year you are visiting. Also, if there are any events taking place near where you wish to stay may have an impact on how busy it becomes, such as Highland Games or music festivals. Please refer to VisitScotland.com for searching and securing accommodation. Whilst visiting Scotland you should also visit the many iCentres where you will find lots of helpful information to help you make the most of your time in Scotland. Have a great time!  :)
  • fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
    @Hanna, I agree with @VisitScotlandLyndsay, if you haven't booked anything yet then do it now. If you leave it too late then don't be upset if your only choice is somewhere that you would not normally stay for example if there is only a 2 star Hotel available and not a 4 Star B&B you may only have yourself to blame. It also makes life more difficult that you will probably want 2 rooms in the same accommodation at the same time. Good luck in finding what you want.
    Also in certain areas it would be good to book your restaurant table or just be happy with Fish & Chips etc.
    Best regards
    fishypro
  • VisitScotlandAngelaVisitScotlandAngela Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @Hanna and welcome to the community! :)

June and July are some of the busiest months in Scotland so my advice would be to definitely book your accommodation in advance, especially if you are travelling to the Highlands and Skye!!  This section of our website may be of use to you in finding accommodation in Scotland.  I work in Balloch iCentre and can sometimes spend a couple of hours helping people find accommodation as they are travelling north....I would definitely recommend booking as far in advance as you possibly can so you can spend your time enjoying your holiday and not worrying about where you are going to stay for the night! :)