Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

June Trip

We are planning our first trip to Scotland from the middle June 2017 to the end of the month.  I was wondering if anyone might be able to tell me what to expect for weather?  What clothes to bring?  We will be touring most of the country.  Glasgow, Edinburgh, Isle of Skye, Isle of Mull, St. Andrews and many more Towns through out the upper area of Scotland.  Is there anything else we need to know?  Swimming?  Thank you for all your help.

Best Answers

• fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    @kcfaye, as it will be Summer the weather can be lovely. Do not forget your suncream (no joke) it may not be often but when the sun does come out it can be quite dangerous. The typical Scottish weather can change very quickly so bring the appropriate clothing, especially for Skye & Mull.
    What kind of things do you like seeing & doing and maybe we can tell you a little more about where to go and what to avoid.
    Best regards
    fishypro
  • VisitScotlandLyndsayVisitScotlandLyndsay Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @kcfaye.  Although the temperature will be warmer, the wind can be chilly at times. Capris will be fine, along with a t shirt and perhaps a zipped hoodie, also a light jacket in case of rain (I would wear these during June)  I'm fairly certain it wont be too cold.....although Id be too scared to wear a swim costume. :D I visited the Gairloch in July a couple of years ago and the weather was soo hot, but the only way to enjoy a paddle in the sea without getting too cold was to wear a wet suit!  :D

Also, for the members of your group who enjoy the Outlander series, VisitScotland .com have a lot of great information about the filming locations and a free Outlander map to download. 

Have a great time during your visit to Scotland! 

Answers

• kcfayekcfaye Member ✭✭
    Thank-you for your quick reply.  We are just basically traveling the country.  Hoping to see a couple distilleries, the fairy pools, part of our group loves outlanders series.  Not sure what the country offers, not into hiking or biking.  Would love to golf but again not a option this time.  We are actually coming for the McLean Clan reunion on Mull so we are making a vacation out of it.  Anything you think is a must?  avoidance?  hope this helps.  Spending a day in Glasgow and a day in Edinburgh then just touring as we go.  Thanks for any and all help.
  • kcfayekcfaye Member ✭✭
    Also Fishypro, forgot to ask, so should we bring shorts, jeans, capris, swimsuits, been told weather is rather cool and usually jeans and capris (for me) will work.  Opinion please, I know there is no way to actually predict the weather this far out but am at a loss as to what to pack.
  • KrainesKraines Member ✭✭
    Thank you, Horizons! I have the jacket covered!  Do you think we will need boots?  
    @Horizons I was thinking that I would need boots to keep my feet dry and warm....
    @Julie, I understand the layering part.  I am trying to determine if I need to take rain Boots!  Thanks to everyone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    [Deleted Content]
    @Samantha_Grant, thank you!  Boots will go with me!
  • OwensBubbeOwensBubbe Member
    Thank you for all of the information.  I am packing for our June trip to Scotland.  I never thought of bringing a spare pair of shoes.  I am used to layering so I already had that planned.  Thank  you again.