Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines
and learn how to use the Community
. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.
Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?
Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.
Isle of Arran, Skye and Orkneys in 12 days
After doing the nc500 in 5 days on my own, I'm dying to get back to Scotland! I'm planning on going for 12 days this time in July...
- Flying into Glasgow early morning
- First night in Isle of Arran
- Second night near Glencoe / Glenfinnan
- 4 or 5 nights in Skye? ( all accommodation seems to be booked up already so planning on camping? Is this safe to do alone? Are there plenty of showering facilities available? )
- 4 or 5 nights in the Orkneys... can I take my car on all the Ferrys? Not sure which islands to visit?
- Flying out of Inverness
also will be using Arnold Clarke car rental as I found they were great last time and the cars are litterally brand new only 3000 miles on them
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!