Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Hello

I would just like to say Hello to everyone. We visited Glencoe over easter. We had never been to Scotland before. I was gobsmacked, it is beautiful. booked up again for a visit in june, and will be frequent visitors from now on.

Comments

• FullStopNextChapterFullStopNextChapter VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    Hi @Archies

Glen Coe is just magical and the first time I drove through there it put a lump in my throat. I'm glad you enjoyed it. 

Where do you plan to visit in June? 
    Join in my new chapter over on the blog. Discovering all things that make Scotland the place everyone wants to visit. 

Website
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    YouTube
  • VisitScotlandMurielVisitScotlandMuriel Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi I agree completely! I've always gone up the A82 to Glencoe but last time I was there, we drove down on our way back from Skye. It gives you a different perspective actually! It's a stunning drive and definitely recommended even though it's usually very busy!!
  • DMWScotlandDMWScotland VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Hello @Archies

Welcome! Yes, Glen Coe takes your breath away. I always feel so small when I drive through the glen. I'll be passing there soon and can't wait to see it again! My heart is in the highlands! :)
    I blog about places I've explored in Scotland on Love Exploring Scotland  <3
    Follow me on FacebookTwitterInstagramVimeo or YouTube :)
  • argyllgirlargyllgirl Member ✭✭
    I've been through Glen Coe about 20 times and it still takes my breath away!
  • KrystleKrystle Member ✭✭
    Hello, Archies, It is something really nice to know that you have visited the Glencoe  and again going to make a move around this place to have a fun time and explore its beauty. So, best of luck for this plan and enjoy. 
  • Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Archies It's lovely to hear you had a great visit. It's a very beautiful area and a favourite of mine, especially in winter when it's lovely and quiet. I love visiting the wild deer outside the Kings House Hotel. They're so used to humans that they'll let you hand feed them.  I always take oatcakes to bribe them.  :). If you're returning to Glencoe in June check out the Glencoe Lochan walk if you haven't already. It's a gorgeous walk.  If you're feeling more energetic then the Devil's Staircase is amazing.  From Kinlochleven towards Glencoe it's like climbing the Noerth Face of the Eiger (I exaggerate) but rewarding.  :p
    I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors. 

• ArchiesArchies Member
    edited April 2017
    Hi Samantha, Thank you for the information. We did visit the Kings House Hotel. But there was only one female deer there, we will call again when we return, I will definately check the Lochan Walk out when we return. I'm really looking forward to it. Such a beautiful area. Thank you all for the kind welcome
  • rbthuntr2rbthuntr2 Member
    Hello all, we will be visiting Fort Augustus the first of July for a week and I am very excited.  We have never been to Scotland.
  • YourScotlandTourYourScotlandTour Member ✭✭✭
    @rbthuntr2 you're going to love it :-)
    Bespoke tours.
    Whisky, Castles and Food a speciality.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk