Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

[Couple of Frogs] 25th April to 5th of May to discover Scotland :)

Hello !

Let me introduce myself : My name is Yann, and I am a french photographer :smile:
My wife and I would like to discover Scotland : landscapes, old castles, people and other treasures of Scotland ! ... I would like to take beautiful photos of all the moments of beauty

I imagine a boucle from Edimbourg to Edimbourg (indeed ^^)... but what could be places in between ?? 

Please help a funny froggy couple with all the best ideas you could share :)

Thank you in advance !

Yann & Laurence 

Ps : sorry for my English

Comments

• fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
    Hi @yann , How much time do you have for a loop? Do you have a hire car or do you wish to use public transport?
    When I know more then I could maybe help you.

Best regards
    fishypro
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    [Deleted Content]
  • yannyann Member ✭✭
    WOW ! Thank you for your 1st replies !

For now, we just booked the flight : All the rest has to be decide :) 

- We can hire a car or we can travel by train ! (or anthing else)
    - We'll arrive the 25th at 11h45pm from the airport, so I guess we can imagine leaving Edimbourg the 27th in order to visit another places ?

If you want to have an idea of photos I took with a visit of London for exemple , please be my guest : https://www.flickr.com/photos/pixom/albums/72157639016953004

We are very, very, very happy to discover Scotland !!! I'm reading your blog Samantha ;)

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] ✭✭✭✭
    [Deleted Content]
  • VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Great photographs @yann

Looking at your photographs you might enjoy a walk around Dean Village in Edinburgh, the murals and street art around Leith and in Glasgow, Dunnotar Castle, Eilean Donan Castle and Skye landscapes, Edinburgh Old Town and Holyrood Park/Calton Hill, the architecture of Edinburgh, Stirling, Glasgow, Inverness, Dundee and Aberdeen...so many choices.
  • HorizonsHorizons Member, VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    Hey @yann, great London photos! I notice that you have taken a few street art pictures and if you'd like to see the best Scotland has to offer, you must go to Glasgow (examples here, it is pretty much the only Scottish city with a vibrant street art scene but well worth it).

For itinerary planning, I have a 1-week Scotland itinerary on my blog that takes a minimum of a week but could be stretched to 10 days to be enjoyed properly. It includes a good subset of places already mentioned above. VisitScotland also has an itineraries page that is super useful. My only recommendation would be to explore the variety of Scottish landscapes & landmarks on offer (Eilean Donan castle, Old man of storr & Luskentyre beach below are some of my favourite spots).

Do share your travel photos with us after your trip!!
    I'm Anirudh, an Indian travel blogger who has explored a lot of Scotland by public transport. My blog. Find me on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 week itinerary (fully by public transport)

My Scotland travels (includes EdinburghSkye, HarrisMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban, DunoonSpeyside)

• YourScotlandTourYourScotlandTour Member ✭✭✭
    Hi @yann, I'm not sure if it's of interest but a friend of mine runs photography tours in Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire including a trip on the Dolphin boat and castles from angles not normally seen. Drop me a line if hooking up with a pro photographer sounds like fun :-)
    Bespoke tours.
    Whisky, Castles and Food a speciality.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk
  • yannyann Member ✭✭
    Hello everybody !

First of all thank you for all your comments :smile: 
    Thank you YourScotlandTour for your proposal, but for the moment, we imagined a tour to the North and West of Scotland, something like that : 
    - 2 Days : Edimbourg (wich Hotel ?)
    - 2 Days : B&B Around aberfoyle : go to Stirling castle, Trossachs and loch lomonds ?
    - 2 Days : B&B long the bay around carbost : go to Glencoe and/or Oban, applecross ?
    - 2 Days : B&B arround Pitlochry in order to walk around Grampian Mountains and visit Glamis Castle ?

We would like to sleep also in a manoir or castle hotel for 1 or 2 nights :) 
    We have to check all the booking and also manage the car ! 

Time is a bit running now, so maybe we'll ask to a professional tour to help us (?) 

Please what do you think about all of that :blush: ?

Thank you in advance for your time 
  • yannyann Member ✭✭
    Hello everybody !

Thank  you for all your comments :)

I confess it's not so easy to choose regarding all the beauty that Scotland offers :) ... Maybe we'll ask to a professional tour to help us... Thank you "YourScotlandTour" for your proposal !  For the moment the tour could be more to the West and North : 

- 2 days / Edimbourg : we have to find an hotel
    - 2 days / B&B around Aberfoyle : go to Stirling, Trossachs/Loch lomond ?
    - 2 days / wich B&B or hotel ?... around fort William (Glencoe or Oban)
    - 2 days / B&B long the bay around Carbost ? ... go to Plockton, Applecross
    - 2 days / B&B around Pitlochry ... go arrounb Grampian mountains ?

Don't hesitate to contact me also by mail if it's easier (yann.savalle "arobase" yasa.fr) 

We have to book everyyyyything, time is running now hihi ^^ 
  • yannyann Member ✭✭
    Hello everybody !

First of all thank you for all your comments :smile:
    Thank you YourScotlandTour for your proposal, but for the moment, we imagined a tour to the North and West of Scotland, something like that : 
    - 2 Days : Edimbourg (wich Hotel ?)
    - 2 Days : B&B Around aberfoyle : go to Stirling castle, Trossachs and loch lomonds ?
    - 2 Days : B&B long the bay around carbost : go to Glencoe and/or Oban, applecross ?
    - 2 Days : B&B arround Pitlochry in order to walk around Grampian Mountains and visit Glamis Castle ?

We would like to sleep also in a manoir or castle hotel for 1 or 2 nights :) 
    We have to check all the booking and also manage the car ! 

Time is a bit running now, so maybe we'll ask to a professional tour to help us (?)

Please what do you think about all of that :blush: ?

Thank you in advance for your time 
  • yannyann Member ✭✭
    Hello everybody !

Thank  you for all your comments :)

I confess it's not so easy to choose regarding all the beauty that Scotland offers :) ... Maybe we'll ask to a professional tour to help us... Thank you "YourScotlandTour" for your proposal !  For the moment the tour could be more to the West and North : 

- 2 days / Edimbourg : we have to find an hotel
    - 2 days / B&B around Aberfoyle : go to Stirling, Trossachs/Loch lomond ?
    - 2 days / wich B&B or hotel ?... around fort William (Glencoe or Oban)
    - 2 days / B&B long the bay around Carbost ? ... go to Plockton, Applecross
    - 2 days / B&B around Pitlochry ... go arrounb Grampian mountains ?

Don't hesitate to contact me also by mail if it's easier (yann.savalle "arobase" yasa.fr) 

We have to book everyyyyything, time is running now hihi ^^ 
  • yannyann Member ✭✭
    omg sorry for the repetitions, it seemed to me that the post was deleted 
  • VisitScotlandMurielVisitScotlandMuriel Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @yann

Don't worry, your post hasn't been deleted! I guess other members haven't looked this far down the discussion maybe? For all your accommodation needs, please go to VisitScotland's accommodation search. You can put in dates as well by clicking "more options" next to the search button. You can also refine the results according to the type of accommodation you are looking for. 

I like your itinerary. Stirling has a magnificient castle and the Trossachs is a National Park. Oban, Glencoe and Fort William are lovely places too.
    Once on Skye there is plenty to see, like the Cuillin, the Old Man of Storr, the Fairy Pools which are a joy for a photographer like yourself. Also  Dunvegan Castle, Kilt Rock and Talisker Distillery so you could spend a day at least on Skye. Accommodation on Skye is always busy so I would recommend booking somewhere before you go. Plockton is very picturesque and if you can manage, try to see Applecross but it's a bit of a detour. 

To go around the Cairngorm mountains it's probably a good idea to stop at Aviemore rather than Pitlochry, although Pitlochry is a lovely town in Perthshire. Perthshire is also worth exploring: Loch Tay, Aberfeldy, Killin, Glen Lyon are all worth a visit if you have time.

To be honest, as a photographer, you will be spoiled for choice!!! If you prefer, you can read about all the links I sent you in French - just change the language at the top of the page.

I hope you have a great time!! Please drop in to the iCentres around the country if you need more information or to book accommodation once in Scotland. Bon voyage!!!  :D
  • YourScotlandTourYourScotlandTour Member ✭✭✭
    East coast castle....

Bespoke tours.
    Whisky, Castles and Food a speciality.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk