Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

4 Days in Scotland

There will be 7 of us (5 adults & 2 teenage boys) travelling to Scotland in July. I have put together a preliminary itinerary and was wondering if I could get feedback on whether it is doable or if I am trying to fit to much in to our trip. Also, suggestions on where to stay would be appreciated.

Day 1 - Belfast to Glasgow

Either take the ferry from Belfast to Stranraer and then drive to Glasgow OR fly from Belfast to Glasgow. Not sure which is the better option.

Glasgow:

• City Chambers
  • George Square
  • Glasgow Cathedral
  • Necropolis
  • Glasgow University
  • Glasgow Cross

Spend the night in Glasgow. I read that staying on George Square is nice with all the buildings lit up at night. 

Day 2 - Glasgow to Oban

• Loch Lomond
  • Oban Distillery

Spend the night in Oban or go further?

Day 3 – Oban to Aviemore

• Ben Nevis
  • Loch Ness
  • Loch Ness Centre & Exhibition
  • Urquhart Castle
  • Blair Castle

Spend the night in Aviemore?

Day 4 – Aviemore to Edinburgh

Edinburgh:

• Royal Mile
  • Arthur’s Seat
  • Edinburgh Castle
  • Scottish Parliament
  • High Kirk of St. Giles
  • National Museum of Scotland
  • Calton Hill

Spend the night in Edinburgh

Day 5

Head to the Edinburgh airport to fly home

Comments

• YourScotlandTourYourScotlandTour Member ✭✭✭
    Stef, plot your route on google maps and see what you think of your travel times.
    Bespoke tours.
    Whisky, Castles and Food a speciality.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk
  • fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
    @Stef, Hi there, one or two things should be considered again.
    Spend the night in Oban. There is a great place called Greystones, check it out.
    Day 3 ends with Blair Castle? This is closer to Pitlochry than Aviemore. I would strongly suggest that you stay in Pitlochry. Check out Torrdarach for accommodation which is highly recommended.
    Day 4 seems very ambitious! As an example, if you want to see everything in the castle you need at least half a day. I would suggest that you either do Calton Hill or Arthur's seat, both is ambitious. There is a great hotel in Edinburgh called the Raeburn Hotel which is an amazing place.
    Hope this helps you out.
    Best regards
    fishypro
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    [Deleted Content]