Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Local pubs with music in Inverness

Hello.  I am a new member to this group, and will be traveling to Scotland from the USA in September, 2017.  After three days in Edinburgh, we will make our base in Inverness, staying at a B&B about 1 mile from the train station and the Eastgate shopping area.  I have visited the Highlands twice before, but never stayed near the city center.  This time,  I would like to visit a (several) pub(s) that feature music, hopefully within walking distance of the B&B so that we can indulge in the wee dram or two without having to drive home.  Doing an on-line search, I found Hootananny, Tooth and Claw, Johnny Foxes, Gellions Bar and Blackfriars Highland Pub all seen to fit my requirements.  I would appreciate any comments or suggestions on these or other pubs.  In particular, are these "tourist bars," or places where we might meet and talk with local residents?

Comments

• fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
    Hi @Jennie_Dallas_1853, I know Hootananny & Johnny Foxes and both of which are full with locals & tourists, so best of both worlds. Don't know the others on your list. Hope this is of some help.
    Best regards
    fishypro
  • Stash1Stash1 Member
    We enjoyed Johnny Foxes more than Hootananny.  Sit by the fireplace if you arrive early.  Out of the way a bit  but close enough to hear.
  • YourScotlandTourYourScotlandTour Member ✭✭✭
    Looks for music 'sessions' online...
    Bespoke tours.
    Whisky, Castles and Food a speciality.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk