Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Ideas for our Honeymoon....

Hi all, 

Its going to be our first visit in Scotland, and I was wondering if you would have any suggestions on where to stay and what to see. We should be staying for aprox 9 days and would have a car to travel with. 

Any help to make this experience one to remember would be great. 

Comments

• fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Nigrech, Where do I start? If you could be a little more specific eg, time of year, is there anything that you say is a must see? Scotland is a huge place, bigger than people expect it to be.
    I could list a thousand things to see & do and places to eat but help us out first with more details.
    Best regards
    fishypro
  • HorizonsHorizons VisitScotland Contributor ✭✭✭
    edited March 24
    Firstly @Nigrech congratulations! As it your honeymoon, I would not recommend a lot of crazy travel within Scotland (which I normally do) as it will be a special trip in your lifetime. As you have 9 days, I'd recommend you split your stay across 2 places to maximize the sights you take in.

There was a poll in the community for the most romantic places in Scotland where I voted for the Isle of Arran. The other thread has a lot of options for you to look at including the winner, Isle of Skye. The only thing about Skye is that if you decide to go there, book you accommodation ASAP as the island tends to get full during the summer. There are a lot of really good options to choose from with their own USPs so knowing what your interests are can help us make fine-tuned recommendations.
    We're a globetrotting travel blogger couple. Find us on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 Week

See Scotland with us (incl: SkyeMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban)