Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Orkney

2»

Comments

• HorizonsHorizons Member, VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    @RonT Stromness is a very compact town and the narrow lanes make parking within Victoria street impossible. However, parking spaces (even free ones) are generally available within a 10 min walk. Here is the list of spots. I'd recommend staying in the charming Victoria street (a pic I took below) unless you need to live in the closest vicinity to your car for any reason.

I'm Anirudh, an Indian travel blogger who has explored a lot of Scotland by public transport. My blog. Find me on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 week itinerary (fully by public transport)

My Scotland travels (includes EdinburghSkye, HarrisMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban, Speyside)

• RonTRonT Member
    Problem is we are going to rent a flat for a week makes it rough bring in all your belongings

• argyllgirlargyllgirl Member ✭✭
    Why did you choose Stromness instead of elsewhere, like Kirkwall?
  • JWGJWG Member ✭✭
    @RonT other parking areas close to Victoria St would be along Franklin Road behind the Community Centre and Springfield Crescent which would be a short walk away.  Or you could look for a property which has its own designated parking there are several located along, Alfred St, or the Back Road or Ferry Road. 
  • JWGJWG Member ✭✭
    @Horizons just noticed your picture is of Graham Place in Stromness and not Victoria St.
2»