Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

First time to Scotland

Hello!
We'd love some help! We have a group of six (3 adults, 3 teens) coming to Scotland in June. We'll be there for about ten days. Flying from US to Glasgow...we would love any feedback re. tours, hotels, itineraries, etc. 
We would like to see castles, history, just a good overview...
Thanks so much!!

Comments

• fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
    Hey @TravelLove, I would love to give you some ideas but before I do let me ask you this. Is there a part of Scotland that you really want to see or are you giving us a blank page to start from.
    Best regards
    fishypro
  • YourScotlandTourYourScotlandTour Member ✭✭✭
    Also, from a logistics perspective,
    what sort of accommodation do you want, 1 double and 2 twin rooms?
    if you want to do a tour do you want a private bespoke tour or do you just want to go on a bus wherever it goes with 10's of other people? Do you want to do a multi day, multi hotel tour or just day trips from Glasgow?

There's a lot we can suggest, so a bit more guidance on content would help! 
    Bespoke tours.
    Whisky, Castles and Food a speciality.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk
  • HorizonsHorizons VisitScotland Contributor ✭✭✭
    The VisitScotland itineraries page is a good starting point to begin looking at points of interest. Many travel bloggers (myself included) also have their favourite itineraries written up. My only recommendation at this time is that if you're planning to visit Isle of Skye (which first timers should in my opinion) then book a hotel / B&B asap as the island gets full during the summer.
    We're a globetrotting travel blogger couple. Find us on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 Week

See Scotland with us (incl: SkyeMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban)