Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

14 Days in September

Hoping we are not taking on too much in 14 days-2 golfing/touring couples. Arr: Fri-2 days Edinburgh, pu rental van head to St. Andrews via Anstruther, Crail overnight 3 nts St. Andrews. Head out to Nairn via Dundee, Dunnoter Castle, Ballater, Cairngorns Natl Park, Grantown-on-Sprey..overnite Nairn 2 nts. Head out to North Ballachulish via Loch Ness, Urquhart Castle(stop), Fort William, Glenfinnan Viaduct-overnite. Head to Pitlochry via Glencoe,Loch Lomond and Crieff.-staying in a rental house for 5 nites.
My two concerns are the drive from St. Andrews to Nairn and from Nairn to North Ballachulish...are these drives to far for one day?

Comments

• fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
    Hi @dfarrell53, that sounds like an action packed fortnight. I am presuming that this is your first time to Scotland. If this is your first time then it is understandable that you wish to get a feel for the country and see as much as possible. There is so much to see & do along the road that you wish to take. As a PGA Golf Professional, myself, I could spend 2 weeks in St Andrews alone. Besides the Golf there are so many things to keep me busy. The history in St Andrews is amazing and is enough to keep you there. The drive to Nairn from St Andrews is a little ambitious but not impossible. Is there a reason why you want to take that route. Wouldn't it be easier to stay on the A90 from Stonehaven to Aberdeen and to then take the A96 to Nairn. It would be quicker by over 30 minutes!
    Looking forward to reading your reply.

Best regards
    fishypro