Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Looking for recommendations for hotels/airbnb/B&B in Edinburgh in July

Travelling to Scotland, and will spend 2 nights in Edinburgh.  Looking for recommendations for places to stay in or near the city.  There will be 3 adults. 

Best Answers

• HorizonsHorizons Member, VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Edinburgh is a highly compact & walkable city so getting an accommodation in Old Town / Royal Mile / Princes Street puts you right in the middle of everything. I dont have specific recommendations (as I was mostly a local) apart from the pattern I've noticed where Calton Hill / New Town / West End AirBnbs cost lesser even though they're just a 5 minute walk from Princes Street. This may be a way to cut some costs. AirBnb should have entire flats available that easily accommodate 3 adults.

In case availability is an issue, look at areas like Haymarket / Leith / Meadowbank and use Edinburgh's excellent bus system to take you everywhere.
  • fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Noelle, There are lots of hotels / B&Bs etc in Edinburgh. It really depends on what star rating / cost you have in mind. Be a little more precise and we can maybe help you out. I personally would not take on anything with AirBnb due to the fact that most of these places do not have the required insurance incase anything does goes wrong but again that is only my opinion.
  • VisitScotlandMarinaVisitScotlandMarina Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Noelle
    Have a look here to see our Edinburgh accommodation! You can obviously refine the results a bit more by putting in your actual dates and number or rooms required etc, but at least you can see the wide choice you have!! Hope it helps!  :)

Answers

• NoelleNoelle Member
    Thank you.  This gives me a great place to start.  We are looking for reasonably priced, clean accommodations.  We don't need anything fancy but I want it to be safe and clean.  I doubt we will be spending much time in the flat or hotel so basic accommodations would work.