Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

I'm a Canadian Chef, and I'm spending 15 days in Scotland on my honeymoon (we're both over 65!)

but I can't imagine 2 weeks without cooking. Is it possible to join a team for a few hours and make some great food together?
Restaurant, retirement home, cafe, bistro, you name it, I'd love to experience the people and the food. I won't let you down!

Best Answers

• DMWScotlandDMWScotland VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017 Accepted Answer
    @DeborahManion_01 I love the Craigh na Dun filming location :).

I visited there in December 2015. It was stormy though and I would love to go back on a nicer day. It's a stunning area all in its own right.

Remember to look out for the stone wall that was used as the sign post for Craigh na Dun. It's where the car park is for Schiehallion mountain. The Craigh na Dun location is further down the road.

I have more photos on my blog if you're interested: https://loveexploringscotland.com/2015/12/31/outlander-birthday-with-storm-frank/

I've also visited a few other filming locations, but I still have so many places to visit! https://loveexploringscotland.com/category/outlander/

Have a lovely time exploring Scotland!
    I blog about places I've explored in Scotland on Love Exploring Scotland  <3
    Follow me on FacebookTwitterInstagramVimeo or YouTube :)

Answers

• ParsmanParsman Member ✭✭✭
    In Aberdeen there is the Nick Nairn Cook School. I understand you are qualified professionals, but maybe you could join in a class for the fun of it? You can check them out on the internet. Their premises are right in the centre of the city, close to a historic church and the granite mile of Union Street. 
  • VisitScotlandMarinaVisitScotlandMarina Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    edited February 2017
    Congratulations on your wedding!
    If you are heading down Ayrshire way there are a couple of places which normally offer lessons but they might be interested in cooking with you too. There's The Cook School in Kilmarnock and also Home Cook School in Maybole - she can also come to you, if that helps.
    But as for cooking in a business kitchen I think it might be as @VisitScotlandMuriel said and be a case of contacting them directly.
  • Thankyou for your help, and sorry for the delay in acknowledging... it's been a hectic month! Our itinerary is coming together... Edinburgh, Inverness, Craigh na Dun, Isle of Lewis, Culloden etc in a big giant circle.
  • YourScotlandTourYourScotlandTour Member ✭✭✭
    Thankyou for your help, and sorry for the delay in acknowledging... it's been a hectic month! Our itinerary is coming together... Edinburgh, Inverness, Craigh na Dun, Isle of Lewis, Culloden etc in a big giant circle.
    If you add Aberdeen to that circle - that's my doorstep and I could try to put together an afternoon with the local Bistro... 
    Bespoke tours.
    Whisky, Castles and Food a speciality.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk