Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Perthshire in Winter

I am an accommodation provider and I am quite new to Perthshire. I wondered if anyone out there would have suggestions to what Visitors / Tourists can do, during Winter, in the beautiful surroundings of Highland Perthshire. I really need your help on this one and I can't wait for your answers.
Best regards
fishypro

Comments

• YourScotlandTourYourScotlandTour Member ✭✭✭
    Skiing, obviously.... where in Perthshire though?
    Bespoke tours.
    Whisky, Castles and Food a speciality.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk
  • FofomaFofoma Member ✭✭✭
    @fishypro Walking! There are a lots of fabulous walks in Perthshire for all abilities. The Hermitage at Dunkeld is a favourite and you can extend it to do a larger circuit called The Braan Path which takes you past Rumbling Bridge where the River Braan is squeezed through a rocky gorge and is spectacular after a spell of rain or snow melt. You can pop into Dunkeld for a well earned coffee and a cake after that.
    There are also a selection of waymarked paths that start from the Cally Woods car park in Dunkeld.
    Pitlochry also has some good walks too - there is an information board in the car park next to the Tourist Information Office on Atholl Road - they range from a gentle stroll around Loch Faskally to a good hike up Ben Vrackie (which I would only recommend to experienced walkers in winter).
    There is an information board in the car park at Old Bridge of Tilt near Blair Atholl with loads more walks too.

The Perthshire Tourist Information Offices have inexpensive leaflets produced by Perth & Kinross Countryside Trust which might be of interest to your guests.

• fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
    @Fofoma,Thanks for that. I know the walks in Pitlochry and I know The Hermitage. Not sure about the rest but I will check them out.
    Best regards
    fishypro
  • fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
    @YourScotlandTour, Haha, Skiing would be great but I lived in Austria for 14 years so I have had enough of that. Thanks all the same.
    Best regards
    fishypro
  • PeterSymePeterSyme Member
    Hi, Perthshire has lots going on in winter and I am noticing that the amount of tourism businesses that are staying open over the winter is increasing. We have a host of adventure activities open all year round including winter. We also partner with many other Perthshire businesses to make the visitors experience the best it can be. If you want you can write up a story about your journey from Austria to Pitlochry accommodation provider and we will post on our blog and social channels