Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Largs April hol

Need advice for family with 14 and 12 yr old . 

Comments

• VisitScotlandAngelaVisitScotlandAngela Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    How about a visit to Willy Wonka's Chocolate Forest at Kelburn Castle just outside Largs?  The event will be running throughout April and is included in the admission price and sounds like great fun! :)  

If your kids are in to history, a trip to Vikingar might be a good option.  At the attraction you can find out about the history of Vikings in Scotland and they also have a smiming pool and cafe.

Another great day out is a trip to Millport on the Isle of Cumbrae which lies just off the coast of Largs.   Have a look at this post about the Isle of Cumbrae...there's lots of great ideas about things to do on the island! :)
  • DMWScotlandDMWScotland VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    Hello @joe_sevans :) I'd definitely recommend a wee trip to the Isle of Cumbrae as @VisitScotlandAngela suggested. It's really cheap to hire bikes for a morning, afternoon or all day! Any traffic that is on the island are used to cyclists on the road. Hire bikes in Millport town then cycle anti-clockwise. About three-quarters of the way round the island you can stop off at Fintry Bay for refreshments. Look out for Lion Rock, Crocodile Rock and the Indian Man Rock! If you like geocaching there are many hiding on Cumbrae as well. Or you can walk around the island (10 miles), to the top of the island or just enjoy the island's beaches for a relaxing day if the weather is nice. I wrote a wee blog post about my visits here over the years: https://loveexploringscotland.com/2016/08/20/isle-of-cumbrae/ More information here too: http://www.millportonline.co.uk/ I hope you have fun at Largs! :)
    I blog about places I've explored in Scotland on Love Exploring Scotland  <3
    Follow me on FacebookTwitterInstagramVimeo or YouTube :)
  • joe_sevansjoe_sevans Member
    Thanks so much for your reccomendations. We will certainly do the bike hire. While the Viking Museum looks great, not sure my huffy teens will last long in there! Thanks again. Jo.