Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Isle of Skye

Hi, me and my partner are coming from Liverpool to Isle of Skye at the end of March. We will have 4 full days and nights on Skye, leaving 1 extra full day for driving home back and would like to make a few worth while stops on the way home (any suggestions welcomed) I was looking for some help/suggestions on the 'must see/do' things on the Isle of Skye, any tips would be appreciated greatly. Thank you in advance DK.

Comments

• fishyprofishypro ✭✭✭ Member ✭✭✭
    Hi dk88,
    I recently visited Skye for a week with my wife and found the place amazing. A few highlights include: The Fairy Pools, Old Man of Storr, Portree, Talisker Distillery, Dunvegan Castle (Take the boat trip!) and Coral Beach. Great places to eat include: The Old School restaurant, Three Chimneys, Skye Pie and a good insider tip is Cafe Arriba which doesn't look too inviting from the outside but never judge a book by it's cover! Check out Walkhighland for all the lovely walks that are possible on the Island.
    Hope this wets your appetite. GF
    Best regards
    fishypro
  • HorizonsHorizons ✭✭✭✭ Member, VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    4 full days on Skye sounds amazing! On top of what @fishypro suggested, also visit Sligachan and if possible Loch Coruisk. If it does get sunny during your stay, I highly suggest taking a day trip to the Isle of Harris to see its otherworldly beaches. It is absolutely worth taking a day out for that (you can also see Harris Tweed museum and shop on the island).

I have a couple of blogposts on Skye and Harris with pics of places that I went to and recommend. Hope they can be of help. :smile:
    I'm Anirudh, an Indian travel blogger who has explored a lot of Scotland by public transport. My blog. Find me on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 week itinerary (fully by public transport)

My Scotland travels (includes EdinburghSkye, HarrisMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban, DunoonSpeyside)

• YourScotlandTourYourScotlandTour ✭✭✭ Member ✭✭✭
    Watch your driving time - google suggests in excess of an 8 hour drive from Portree to Liverpool. The first section (to Glasgow) can be hard work if there are a few slow pokes up front, it can really bring the average speed down. 
    Bespoke tours.
    Whisky, Castles and Food a speciality.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk
  • ScotlandTraveloholicScotlandTraveloholic ✭✭ VisitScotland Contributor ✭✭
    Hi @dk88,

I'm so jealous. Would love to visit Skye shortly too! Nevermind me... Don't miss out on the place which looks totally out of this world -  The Quiraing. There's a loop walk, returning to the same point (the carpark). It covers a distance of 6.8km, with the average time to complete the walk being 2 hours (with no stops). 

If you're sunset lover I'd recommend you to go to Elgol. It has to be one of the best and most dramatic places in Skye to watch a sunset. Just look:

I wrote a nice post about  Isle of Skye 1 Day Trip with great places to visit and a map. 

Enjoy your holiday! :)

Scotland Traveloholic
     | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube
    Simply Sharing Scotland!
  • Smyliinghappy2Smyliinghappy2 Member
    I am planning a trip to Scotland later this year. When is the best time of year to go? I have read of about the Isle of Skye. Also if anyone who have interest in the paranormal know of any good places to stay on the isle? I am up for recommendations. What is the weather like there around Sept/ Oct? I have no destination in mind and will be exploring the highlands.