Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Do you have recommendations for tour companies?

I am planning a visit to the Highlands in August.  While I have identified a tour company, I wonder if you have any suggestions.  The current company's fee includes air fare from the airport of my choice, even from the USA, which is where I call home.

Best Answers

• YourScotlandTourYourScotlandTour Member ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @sja430_Ohio

I'm not allowed to advertise my own company here.

However, I'd suggest looking at their suggested itinerary for your trip to check how close the match between your own interests and where they take you to on your tour?  

What is the guaranteed level of the quality of accommodation?

Finally how close is the match between your own interests and what they will take you to on the tour? 

I hope this helps,
    Ross
    Bespoke tours.
    Whisky, Castles and Food a speciality.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk
  • SuYLSuYL Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hairy Coo Tours, based out of Edinburgh. Fantastic day tours.

Answers

•     This is for Ross-thanks for the insight.  I actually chose the tour I did because it for the reason you said.  It will take me to the places I want to see in the Highlands.  Now for another question and this is very important!  How do I dress for late August/early September?  I read that Scotland's autumn often begins then.  In Ohio, we are usually  still very warm, if not hot.
    Scotland has weather, rather than 'climate'. Every day is likely to be different. You are guaranteed rain, sun, wind and maybe more rain... layers and waterproofs are the best bet :-) Enjoy your trip. 
    Bespoke tours.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk
  • JillyJilly Member
    I'm heading to Scotland for my son's wedding in May and am so excited. I'll check out this site for info.
    @Jilly, where's the wedding?
    Bespoke tours.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk
  • Fenn4HimFenn4Him Member
    We have always loved Rabbies!