Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Edinburgh has been named the top UK tourist destination for 2016!

Great news for the Scottish Capital, what are the best see and do things in Edinburgh to ensure the tourists arriving throughout 2016 have the best time ever!

Comments

• ananyahananyah Member ✭✭
    I can pretty much count on one hand the times I've been to Edinburgh so will be good to know the best places to visit/eat at in the city. 
    Visit Scotland Community Ambassador
    Glasgow Based Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blogger
    Blog | Twitter | Instagram
  • VisitScotlandNikkiVisitScotlandNikki Administrator, VisitScotland Staff
    So much to choose from - the Scottish National Portrait Gallery, Museum on the Mound, Calton Hill and Water of Leith to name just a few...

Try this for a starter for 10... our 10 hidden gems in Edinburgh blog as suggested by the VisitScotland Facebook followers. Enjoy!
  • EdinBrawGaryEdinBrawGary VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭
    It really depends when in the year somebody visits, especially with the festivals throughout the year. 

We always tell people to get up high and enjoy the view, Calton Hill and the Scott Monument aren't to be missed. Also, an open top tour bus is a good way to get a feel for the city too. 
    Gary Wood - Blogger at EdinBraw - The Best of Edinburgh
    Passionate about Edinburgh's food and festival scene and slowly starting to explore Scotland. 
    Find me on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook
  • IknowluxuryIknowluxury Member ✭✭
    I am not surprised ;)
  • VisitScotlandMurielVisitScotlandMuriel Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Edinburgh is very beautiful indeed - so many view points. The views down the Royal Mile and over New Town from the roof terrace of Camera Obscura are very impressive! You can also see live pictures in the camera itself - there are regular guided tours throughout the day. Inside is full of fun and unusual exhibitions on all things to do with optical illusions, check it out!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    [Deleted Content]
  • BushmanBushman Member ✭✭
    @Samantha_Grant unlike you i'm not a Edinburgh lifer but just an occasional visitor, but i do love the place. The botanical gardens are always worth a visit any time of year as are the museums, don't be affraid to wander around, it is amazing the things you can come across. The grass market, the hay market, the whisky experience at the top of the Royal Mile. For food it has to be for me Cosmo the foods of the world.