Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Scotland Mid May

My husband and I are going to be in Scotland for 7 days in Mid May.  We were gifted free lodging, and will be staying in Aberfeldy each night.  From what I can tell, we are about 2 hours drive from some of the main areas.  We definitely want to see St. Andrews, Inverness, and take a train from Fort William to Mallaig.  We're planning to do Glasgow the day before we head back to the US, and Edinburgh one day as well.  

Any suggestions for those locations, or some other great day trips we can take while driving ourselves?

Comments

• HorizonsHorizons Member, VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    Aberfeldy is right in the middle of Perthshire which is a beautiful area of Scotland. There are multiple daytrips you can do based in Aberfeldy

- A walk through Birks of Aberfeldy & Castle Menzies are a must).
    - A Perthshire day including Pitlochry, Queens view, Kinloch Rannoch, Dunkeld & Birnam & Hermitage.
    - An Aberdeenshire day covering Stonehaven, Braemar, Linn of Dee, Aberdeen
    - A Speyside day visiting distilleries in Dufftown, Aberlour, Glenlivet, etc.
    - Though you have free accommodation in Abefeldy, I urge you to stay on the Isle of Skye for a night. It is an absolute must visit while visiting Scotland.

This and the places that you've mentioned should be the full week. Hope you have a great week in Scotland!! :smile:
    I'm Anirudh, an Indian travel blogger who has explored a lot of Scotland by public transport. My blog. Find me on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 week itinerary (fully by public transport)

My Scotland travels (includes EdinburghSkye, HarrisMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban, DunoonSpeyside)

• YourScotlandTourYourScotlandTour Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I'd only add that going to Speyside for whisky when you're in Aberfeldy may not be a requirement - http://www.visitaberfeldy.co.uk/component/sobipro/944-Dewars-Aberfeldy-Distillery?Itemid=0

Oh and be careful of the draconian drink drive laws!! 
    Bespoke tours.
    Whisky, Castles and Food a speciality.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk