Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Beating the winter blues.

eilidh__cameroneilidh__cameron VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
edited February 2017 in General Discussion
Thankfully January has finally passed however, like many people I still suffer with the winter blues in February and beyond, for me it's not the weather so much but the dark mornings and dark nights, it seems to send me into hibernation mode. How many other people are feelings this way at the moment?

Personally, I find the best cure for this is a good walk in the beautiful Scottish countryside, particularly at sunset in that beautiful golden light where Scotland is at its most spectacular. It gives you a great wee lift before the darkness of night sets in.

Yesterday I went a walk along Westport beach, near Campbeltown and I found it very mood lifting! There is just so much energy at the beach, most profoundly the power of the sea but also the movement of the sand and the gently sway and rustle from the grasses that blow in the wind! All this energy I think can invigorate the body and soul.

Here are some photos I took yesterday.

That's one of my tricks to beat the winter blues but what are yours?

Comments

• MandersManders Member
    Gorgeous shots! <3
  • DMWScotlandDMWScotland VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    I'm with you @eilidh__cameron! Getting outside refreshes my brain and my mood. I like to do a bit of running too, but as you say the dark mornings and dark nights don't help very much.

I always feel better after a run, the big challenge is getting out my door though!

Beautiful photos, love that sky  <3
    I blog about places I've explored in Scotland on Love Exploring Scotland  <3
    Follow me on FacebookTwitterInstagramVimeo or YouTube :)
  • YourScotlandTourYourScotlandTour Member ✭✭✭
    Pub, fire, beer and whisky. 6 nations. that's my cureall :-)
    Bespoke tours.
    Whisky, Castles and Food a speciality.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk
  • FofomaFofoma Member ✭✭✭
    @YourScotlandTour The 6 Nations was fantastic at the weekend...certainly gave me a lift!! I'm another one who likes to get out in the fresh air...even if it's only a walk around the local duck pond!
  • YourScotlandTourYourScotlandTour Member ✭✭✭
    It was amazing to see Scotland win! I'm all for walking to the pub, to watch the game and then walk home again!! 
    Bespoke tours.
    Whisky, Castles and Food a speciality.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk